GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Need Moar Low
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im putn 2/4 on my truck tomorrow and i have a few questions for yall. Is taking the back bed off a must or do you not have to. When i put the hangers on i know that the shackles will be fliped around but which hole will be used for the lowest drop. Any thing i might need to look for.Also, does any one have some pictures of there install that they could post.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Taking the bed off makes it a hell of a lot easier. You have a lot more room to work. When you put the shackles on the farthest hole from the bushing gives you the 4 inch and the hole closer to the bushing will give a 5 inch drop. Go to http://belltech-store.com/aca_php/import/images/6521.pdf for instructions with pics. You dont have to completely remove the driver leaf though.

·
Need Moar Low
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Taking the bed off makes it a hell of a lot easier. You have a lot more room to work. When you put the shackles on the farthest hole from the bushing gives you the 4 inch and the hole closer to the bushing will give a 5 inch drop. Go to http://belltech-store.com/aca_php/import/images/6521.pdf for instructions with pics. You dont have to completely remove the driver leaf though.
thanks brandon, appricate the help. What all do yall do at the shop ive heard good things about yall and im right close to yall but never had a chance to stop by.

·
Static Bitch
1,049 Posts
hangars and shackles will only give you 4 inches of drop. on the shackle, top hole will give you 4", bottom will give you 3"

·
Registered
157 Posts
thanks brandon, appricate the help. What all do yall do at the shop ive heard good things about yall and im right close to yall but never had a chance to stop by.
We do everything but mechanic work really. Stop by when you get a chance and we can talk about some stuff. Havent been doing too much custom work here lately tho. I guess ppl around here dont want to pay for it. Last custom quote i did was to weld a pan on a 80s model chevy...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.