GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought my 2" drop coils..should get them sometime next week...:rocking:
i'm installing my flip kit probally next weekend with my notch:D ...i was wondering...i have 2" drop shackles....how hard is it to put the left side to a
1" drop...i've heard it's a pain in the butt, because it's not actually made to go to a 1"....what's some input on this...and how can i reach the 1" on the driverside without having to buy more parts.:think:

thanks.

2001 GMC Sierra Ext. Cab on
07 Caddi Take Offs.
255-55-18 29" tall tires...
any problems with these rims and tires when i get to my 4/6 drop?:think:
i'm also going to be putting 265-35-22s on after i change jobs...kind of hoping to get the new caddi 22s to match my 18s:head:

maybe in due time i might put a bag helper kit on it for when i pull a boat or so...but if not then i'll just sell everything and bag it after it's paid off

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I'm a little confused. Are you putting on the flip kit and the shackles. If so, its going to have a nice cali lean with a 2/7 drop. Eitherway though, to make the shackles work as a 1" drop, you will need to drill out the hole so its big enough to put the bolt through. Then you will need to grind off the backside of the shackle in order to give clearence for the leaf spring. Hopefully this makes since.

You shouldn't have a problem with the 18" esky wheels and a 4/6 when the time comes. As for the 22s, don't know.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
on my 97 i had a 3/6 on 264-40-22s it didnt ride too bad...but i bent the fender lips up...like i see some doing on their 99+

i know the 35 series will work on the obs...
the only reason why im doing the drop shackles and the flip kit is because i dont have the stock ones. i bought the truck with the shackles.
i already bought the djm carrier bearing shim kit...so it should be in sometime next week too.

a friend here has 265-40-22s on a 3/5 drop...with no rub..but his drivers side is closer than the right side....i want to fix that..because i dont want the lean in my truck.

i havent found spindles by themselves yet....and i couldnt afford the price of a seller on here...but i can't complain....430.00 shipped for spindles, and 2" drop coils is good...brand new...

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm running a 2.5/7 right now and I'm EXACTLY 2" taller in the front than in the back. I'll be running a 4.5/7 pretty soon.
how'd you get the .5" drop?

im going to order spindles for 17"+ rims and install the 2" drop coils..along with the 6" flip kit on top of the 2" drop shackles...but i want to take the lean out...so if i was to put the drivers side at 1" and leave the passenger side at 2...it should be level?:think:

im doing a 2x2x1/4 square tubing notch...no taller than the underside of the bed.

http://ifcustom.com/projects/projectspages/e-j/Guschevy.htm
i'll basically be doing what they are doing...just not bagging it yet.

if i get tired of having the static drop..then i'll move up in the world, and go ahead and bag the whole truck on 22s.:evil:

does anyone have a picture with a 2/6 leveled drop....and maybe a 4/7 or 8" drop....thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have the extra .5" because I run western chassis control arms. They aren't very popular but I got them free and have had no problems with them. They allow you to move the balljoint above and below the mounting point to create another .5" of drop.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well got my material to do my gussets and my boxing.
work is great at night...
free steel...free mig...all i had to do was buy my square tubing...ole boss gave it to me 6' for free....but i got to install a sound system in his daughters car...so i think that's fair trade.

should be starting the work friday...till 6pm..then going do some crap with the ole lady..then start it back up saturday and finish it...so i hope..then go drop my truck off next week and get it taken care of.

then i'll probally have to do it again after i get the spindles... but i'll deal with it when it comes.

i'll get some pics posted asap...

·
EscaWHAT?
1,318 Posts
My truck sat level at 4/7. Its a bitch in that 1" hole, lol. You'll see. 2" hole takes like, 5 minutes per side. 1" hole took me damn near 25 minutes just to get the upper bolt in.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
even if i trim that back peice up a lil bit? and if the bolt dont fit...then ill drill the hole bigger...

i've got bill welding my notch together...should have it done thursday or friday..then we'll put it in around saturday after i get the bed trimmed and the tank out the way

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK! got the notch in...ready for the flip kit..yet i wont install it till i get some time off work again...

but when i was looking over the frame and crap...
i noticed the shackle brackets have stress cracks on the underside all the way through...we welded them up while we was waiting on our drinks to come...but im worried like hell about them...simply because this is my life...and i dont have the FREAKING cash to bag right now...

has anyone ever built them before?

i'm thinking of building some out of 1/4 flat steel simply because i know i can build them to withstand any abuse that i can throw at them.

thanks and i need help asap!

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wee.jpg

not my truck...but i stole the pic hahaha

thanks dava flav....it's your truck hahaha.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
awsome!
im about to upload some pictures...cut my finger tip..lmao...but it's normal when you are the one doing the work, and not paying for someone else to do the work for you

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1-1.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-1.jpg

sorry....the pictures are crappy....but it's all i had at the time...when i redo the frame....i'll get a lot more pictures.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah....i kept the notch under the bed...but if i get tired of being dropped, i'll redo it by back-halfing...and and a bigger notch then move the bed floor up.

i have the 2 bars running across the top of the notch just like it's bagged... but it's not. "tear"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts