GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Snooby Doo
1,378 Posts
can you make the amps work together? the 12"s can do 750rms list, prolly more then that... i think they will be a little under powered... im going to be running 2 12" l7s in my car off of a zx1500.1....

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not sure how to run them together, or even if i can, wouldnt it be the same power though?? damn yeah i think they are going to be under powered shit....

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
:word: underpowered for sure, and it sucks that you can run the subs together. You can get 2 kicker ZX750.1s on woofersetc.com for like $600

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can still run them fine, should still pound with the right box...
yeah im sure it will pick nice decent but, it wont shake em like they should. plus im worried they might disort..thats how u spell it? lol damn now i have to get rid of the alpines..ill post pictures later on..box, subs, and amps, its not gonna help but oh well...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just hook both amps up to one sub. You cant lose THAT many DBs by going that route. Can you?
how can i do that?....i need help lol or maybe even putting them together?? dang who knows...lol how much you guys think i can sell them for lol...im gonna hook them up today later on..ill see how they work out...

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
You can get around $200 for each one depending on how new they are... Heck, If I didnt already order my M1005 I would have taken them off your hands...

I would recommend you just hook them up like that or sell them... What type of box are you using? They will still beat with 500 watts RMS... Dont think they wont...

Wire each woofer in Parallel to its own amp...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can get around $200 for each one depending on how new they are... Heck, If I didnt already order my M1005 I would have taken them off your hands...

I would recommend you just hook them up like that or sell them... What type of box are you using? They will still beat with 500 watts RMS... Dont think they wont...

Wire each woofer in Parallel to its own amp...
yeah im hoping they hit...ill post pics of the system later on. what kind of subs are you running ur M10005 I? that sounds just nice..lol

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
these l7s are power hungry subs they will take all they can get. not giving a sub the power it needs will burn up voice coils and youll blow them. i havve one new 07 12" L7 and i am powering it with 1/0 to the new sx1250.1 and it hits hella hard in my single cab. if you get the new sx amps you can link them together to get twice the power.

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
the SX amps are nice, but overrated IMO. You can get the ZX1500 and ZX2500 for cheaper than the SX1250, granted the SX is 1ohm stable and would be ideal in his situation, they're cheaper. And he couldnt strap the SX amps togewther if he wanted to, if he strapped them they're only 2ohm stable

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
these l7s are power hungry subs they will take all they can get. not giving a sub the power it needs will burn up voice coils and youll blow them. i havve one new 07 12" L7 and i am powering it with 1/0 to the new sx1250.1 and it hits hella hard in my single cab. if you get the new sx amps you can link them together to get twice the power.
dang dang dang!// now I really f..ed up...i hooked them up and the sound is amazing it hits so hard and clean....ONE BIG BUT,though one speaker sounds like if theres a cable touching/hitting it or when you out your finger and touch them. they make a wierd sound...maybe a voice coil is burned like you said...."rattling" when i turn it up high..any one knows if its repairable?? or should i just take it to a sound shop and leave you guys alone now hahaha....i want to sell both amps now...this what happens when you dont know shit about sounds and you start buying and hooking shit up your self..haha:insane:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Get a good box built for them, My buddy has 2 L7 12's in a really small vented box with a 2000 watt amp powering them and they really do not sound that good!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Get a good box built for them, My buddy has 2 L7 12's in a really small vented box with a 2000 watt amp powering them and they really do not sound that good!
what can you tell me about the noise the speaker is making? I have a box with kickers recomended air space, would i need a bigger one still? Ill get pics of everything later on..

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Your not going to melt the coil that fast... :imo Unless maybe you where clipping the amp...

One of the reasons I dont like L7's... We've had so many of them crap out on us with very light use...

With everything off, press on the woofer directly in the middle with the palm of your hand... It should move freely... If the coil is melted, you will feel it...

And yes, shit happens when you buy stuff with out doing your homework...:rofl2:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts