GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my 2" drop coils, how many miles should I drive it before the coils settle in so I can get an alignment done.

·
Registered
299 Posts
i just got my 2" coils in the mail, and i was wonderin if this is an easy instal, any pointers, and did u use a spring tension bar or anything.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BouncinsoulAFI said:
i just got my 2" coils in the mail, and i was wonderin if this is an easy instal, any pointers, and did u use a spring tension bar or anything.
It was easy as cake. No I didn't use a spring compressor. All I did was removed the tie rod link, sway bar link, loosened the lower ball joint nut and with a sledge I hit the spindle until it broke loose. Just remember to keep a jack under your LCA. This is were it can be scary, I lower the jack slowly and I just pushed the LCA down as far as it could go down then pryed the coil out. Just be careful the coil doesn't come flying out at you, I've seen them fly across the room before. Install your coil spring and install everything else you have removed.
Others will chime in on the safety factors on doing this.

·
My name's not Kevin
308 Posts
I had mine done the day I lowered my truck, then had it rechecked a month later.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kevindepot said:
I had mine done the day I lowered my truck, then had it rechecked a month later.
Whats up Kevindepot haven't heard from you for awhile?
What have you been up to?

·
My name's not Kevin
308 Posts
Work, work and more work. And I still need to get a 2nd job!!!
How bout you?

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same here work work the story of my life. Been doing alot of polishing work on the side. You know winter time is over and everybody and their mother wants their shit to bling bling now. They just can't have me do it in the winter time when it's slow, they wait for the last minute to get their shit done. :whip:

Good to hear from you. :head:

·
Registered
216 Posts
you guys know a good place to get em from (2" springs) for my OBS....ive been slackin on ordering them. i think i might have seen some summit ones for around $80, and some from Stylin Concepts for like $70, but i cant remember. i need to get em and finish things up here soon. im such a slacker.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts