GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2" drop leafs+tire Q

Hey, i want to go with a 2/4 to start with once i get new tires and maybe later get the McGaughy's 1" coils and some 2" leafs to put me at a 3/6, I was wondering what my options for the leafs are and some prices would be appreciated, thanks
Also what size tire should i run when i get the 2/4 that will also clear a 3/6 with 5.5" backspace

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
I don't believe anybody sells 2" drop leafs, but I could be wrong. What I would do is put in some 4" drop leafs out back first. All you would have to do is add shackles for 6" later.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the rear down 2+ inches...i have shackles and i clamped my spings to completely level it, the pic in my sig is before the clamping of the springs

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
groundscraper said:
I don't believe anybody sells 2" drop leafs, but I could be wrong. What I would do is put in some 4" drop leafs out back first. All you would have to do is add shackles for 6" later.
The reason i want to find the 2" springs is so i can go 2/4 right now and later add the coils and leafs

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Slvrpismochevy96 said:
The reason i want to find the 2" springs is so i can go 2/4 right now and later add the coils and leafs
You could get the 4" leafs and put your stock shackles back on as well as some 2" springs up front (or spindles) and when you get ready for 4/6 later on just put your shackles back on and a notch and get the springs or spindles to bring the front down the additional 2"

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the the 2/4 kit will be spindles and added front hangers to the rear with the drop shackles, so that is probably what i will most likely have to work with, so with 5.5" backspace a 275/45/20 will be fine right?

·
Steady Skate'in
195 Posts
I just ordered the 2/4 kit plus 1" coils from McGaughys. I went to Truckin.com today and saw drop leafs from 2-5" for $149. They also have a adjustable shackle, though I'm not sure how well it works, it's just something I saw that I'm passing on.

·
Steady Skate'in
195 Posts
Hey Slvrpismochevy96....tell me more about clamping the springs, ie. how did you do it, how much drop, did it change the ride or add noise.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yah im going to be going with the mcgaughy kit because it takes me 10 minutes to drive there, im gonna have to check out those springs, 150 bucks aint bad either

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If im going to go with a 2/4 right now and already have the shackles then i dont need to order the kit right? i just need the spindles and front leafe hangers? also, im not finding the price on their site, how much are the spindles (#2003T) the ones for a 17"+ rims

1 - 11 of 11 Posts