GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will 2 guage wire fit under the door sill plate on a 04 regular cab chevy or would it make it stick up?

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
ive got 0 gauge!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sweet thanks guys

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey mike how did you do your dual battery setup again? What parts would i need to do this?

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
hey mike how did you do your dual battery setup again? What parts would i need to do this?
i went with two relays (big fuses basically) and a battery isolator from stinger. i also got the battery tray from gm, notice that they do NOT make a hood brace for it with the tray. i used 0 gauge wire for all of my runs, until the distribution block to my amps. then it is 2 gauge.
9-11-06015.jpg

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Do you have a link to the isolator you used? And how much was the battery tray? I think you can get them from ckresto for $30. I took the hood braces off my truck already. It didn't seem to hurt anything. My buddy's hd doesn't have them from the factory and he has the second battery there also.

·
layin big rubber
1,457 Posts
i have 2 runs of 2/0 welding wire in their

i took a wire of 2/0 from the alt to the battery pos
and the alt to the factory j-block thing
j-block to bat pos
all in 2/0 wire
alittle over kill
and i went over kill on the neg side also

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Do you have a link to the isolator you used? And how much was the battery tray? I think you can get them from ckresto for $30. I took the hood braces off my truck already. It didn't seem to hurt anything. My buddy's hd doesn't have them from the factory and he has the second battery there also.
i got the battery tray for cost...i believe it was around 30 bucks.
here is the battery isolator.... http://cgi.ebay.com/Stinger-Car-Aud...00-200A-NEW_W0QQitemZ5867823817QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
So basically in my case with 1/0 I would run 1/0 to the isolator and then 1/o to the second battery from the isolator, and let the factory wiring charge the orignal battery?

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
correct!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts