GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I hate \/
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have 2 incriminator 15" subs in a ported box on the back seat right now with a 1000 watt crossfire amp. Which is fixing to be replaced with a memphis 1500 watt....I am about to get 2 more 15's and build another ported box exactly like the one I have now...and another 1500 watt memphis of course. And remove the back seat and build maybe a 1' tall box to get rid of the hump in the middle of the floor and to have something to mount the 2 boxs with the subs on top of it..My question is what do I need to do about more power? dual alternators and dual batterys or what? or can I just run the stock battery and alternator for a while?

·
//Negative Camber\\
1,050 Posts
so you are saying that you have 1500 watts on your stock battery and alternator right now? I would say put in an optima and upgrade the alternator and wiring. Hell, at this point I suggest doing that on a stock vehicle.

·
Registered
92 Posts
You would be better off going with a bigger amp alternator and dual batterys. I had almost the same set-up in my old '92. 4 Rockford Fosgate Punch Power 15"s. I forgot what RF amps I had. I took out the back seat and built a huge box. It weighed a ton and I had to take the passenger bench seat out just to get it in. The two on top where pointed down and there were 2 more right behind the seats. Here is a pic.

img001.jpg

·
I hate \/
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so you are saying that you have 1500 watts on your stock battery and alternator right now? I would say put in an optima and upgrade the alternator and wiring. Hell, at this point I suggest doing that on a stock vehicle.

Right now its got the 1000 watt crossfire but as soon as my friends takes his system out ill have the 1500 watt..

·
Registered
353 Posts
i know a guy with 4 crossfire 1000 watt amps for sale if you're looking.

you can run decent power off the stock alternator. i like northstar batteries, awesome battery and far less $ than a kinetic. i suggest one of those over an optima any day.

one of the biggest areas you need to concentrate on is proper wiring. run 1/0 from the battery to the frame under the hood. then from the frame under the backseat area to inside the cab to the amps ground. of course 1/0 from the battery to the amps positive. and don't use thin cheap @$$ connectors on the end of the wires. current is only going to flow as good as the weakest link.

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
What series are the subs you are using. Honestly dude, i dont ever see the need for four 15's in a ext cab truck. If two 15's arent loud enough in yuor cab your doing something wrong IMO. Personally id never go with more then 1 15 in an ext cab.

IMO, take some of your cash and get some things painted on your truck. I think you might be happier in the long run.

·
I hate \/
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What series are the subs you are using. Honestly dude, i dont ever see the need for four 15's in a ext cab truck. If two 15's arent loud enough in yuor cab your doing something wrong IMO. Personally id never go with more then 1 15 in an ext cab.
Well they will rattle my teeth..they are loud but I just want it to be a lot louder I guess...And I dont recall the series, but I think they are the lethal injections. Everything brand new was exactly 1200.

·
I hate \/
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i know a guy with 4 crossfire 1000 watt amps for sale if you're looking.

Interesting..Do you know how much he wants for just one? I paid 400 new for mine idk what they are going for now

EDIT- how does 3 21" Death penalty Incriminators with 3 1000 watt crossfires???

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
what series incrimiators do you have?

you might even be better to get 3 more of those crossfire amps and strap em. but you would also need about 3 batteries and at LEAST a 300A alternator..

·
I hate \/
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what series incrimiators do you have?

you might even be better to get 3 more of those crossfire amps and strap em. but you would also need about 3 batteries and at LEAST a 300A alternator..
IIRC they are the lethal injections...Im willing to spend up to 4k on another system so Im open to yalls sugestions..

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
IIRC they are the lethal injections...Im willing to spend up to 4k on another system so Im open to yalls sugestions..
Sell your 2 15's you have now. Id go with 2 15'' Death Penalty's with either 4 vr1000d's or 2 vr2000d's or possbily 1 vr4000d to keep things simple.

With the right power supply and a solid box and 2000-4000 watts on two 15'' DP's would be deaf'ing to say the least.

Keep it at 15's man IMO. And like I said talk to your local painter lol.

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
To tel you the truth you should go with 1 15'' DP ( since im guessing you like incrimnator audio and they do make good solid products )

1 15 with 2000w in a finely build ported box would give people a pretty insane wow factor. Which I think is the coolest part about audio rather then being just stupid loud. When you have 4 15's everyone expects it to be loud.

I like the fact that people can run a badass 10'' sub with optimal power and box design and drowned out other peoples 2 12's, 2 15's and whatever the case may be.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Interesting..Do you know how much he wants for just one? I paid 400 new for mine idk what they are going for now

EDIT- how does 3 21" Death penalty Incriminators with 3 1000 watt crossfires???
for a single i think he wants $300. he would make a deal on all 4, they are consecutive serial numbers.

i'd go 4 subs over the 3. just my preferance.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
To tel you the truth you should go with 1 15'' DP ( since im guessing you like incrimnator audio and they do make good solid products )

1 15 with 2000w in a finely build ported box would give people a pretty insane wow factor. Which I think is the coolest part about audio rather then being just stupid loud. When you have 4 15's everyone expects it to be loud.

I like the fact that people can run a badass 10'' sub with optimal power and box design and drowned out other peoples 2 12's, 2 15's and whatever the case may be.
x2.

people were amazing when i had my single 15 how loud it was. i can't wait to do 2 15's tho and make it somewhat ridiculous. 2 15's is the most i'd go imo

·
I hate \/
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sell your 2 15's you have now. Id go with 2 15'' Death Penalty's with either 4 vr1000d's or 2 vr2000d's or possbily 1 vr4000d to keep things simple.

With the right power supply and a solid box and 2000-4000 watts on two 15'' DP's would be deaf'ing to say the least.

Keep it at 15's man IMO. And like I said talk to your local painter lol.
Hmm..How much of a difference do you think it would be with the 2 15" DPs and vr4000d over my current setup? And is 4000 watts a little excessive for the 2 15's? And what do you suggest I paint? lol I dont have a clue except maybe my bumber cap and door handles

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hmm..How much of a difference do you think it would be with the 2 15" DPs and vr4000d over my current setup? And is 4000 watts a little excessive for the 2 15's? And what do you suggest I paint? lol I dont have a clue except maybe my bumber cap and door handles
bumper cap, door handles, and mirrors. and get clear bumper lights and then...:head2:

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
I would get a 145amp alt. then get a optima.. that should help out alot. my buddy had 4 12"s in his toy tacoma and it was rediculous with two mtx 1501ds on them my head hurt after riding with him but it was funny to watch the mirrors shaking on the surrounding cars

·
Sparkplugs FTL
1,957 Posts
130 amp stock alt, smaller pully, upgrare batt and run an extra one

optima= waste of money i have two nortstars ill sell you out of my truck less than a year ols

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
You should be able to tell a difference. Youll have the same amount of cone area but quite a bit more power. I know you would definately be alot louder on a meter.

DP's will handle 2000 watts a peice all day, those subs are beastly from what ive read ( i used to have a boner for car audio ) I would definately buy incrimator products. Their amps are also solid and proven.

Like Krusn64 said, bumper cap, handles, mirrors, and i would also get the lower valance painted as well. Maybe soem different headlights/parkinglights/clear corners, grill, lose the rest of the badges etc.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Why would you need so much bass? You must be running some sick components to level out with the bass? Or do you just listen too bass with stock speakers running of the headunit?

I have 2 ported 8s and i cant even turn them up all the way becasue the bass gets unbearable. I cant imagine running 15s.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts