GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I would kill two birds with one stone. First of all, I was drving down the road one day and got a bunch of tar all over my truck. Its on the paint, the crome strip that runs the length of the truck (2000 sierra), and on the factory wheels. They are the shiny wheels...(aluminum I think). Also, I recently backed into a concrete pole. Luckily I did not hit it hard, just enough to bend it slightly. What is most likely bent or broken and how much would it cost me to fix it. Most people dont even notice it, but I know it is there and I am anal about my truck. Thanks alot, guys!

·
Late Night Insomniac
312 Posts
couldnt help ya on the bumper but ive been using this product called lifter1 called bug and tar remover. It works great. There are alot of other things that you can use like gasoline, wd-40, and 3-m adhessive remover mentioned by other members on here can be used....Trey

·
Handshake Drugs
310 Posts
I've used rubbing alcohol a few times before. Worked good for me. :bowtie:

·
Registered
787 Posts
I've heard when you go to the carwash you can use the "engine cleaner" and it will help to remove the tar. Just apply the engine cleaner, then use the scrub brush, then rinse.........don't know how effective this is though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts