GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed Belltech shackles, and ow when I go over bumps or small ditchs like concrete drains and an angle, I get this metallic rubbing sound from the rear. Is this typical of these shackles? If I straight over things there is no noise, only when I go at an angle.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, didn't know I had to grease them. Thought they were pregreased. But they don't make any noise when I go straight or if I bounce the bed?

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
did you tighten them while they were in the air? if so, untighten them and tighten them with the weight on the leaf springs (truck sitting normal..not jacked up).

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you tighten them while they were in the air? if so, untighten them and tighten them with the weight on the leaf springs (truck sitting normal..not jacked up).
No, I tightened them while the truck was sitting on the ground. I wonder if I over tightended them?

·
Bassmaster
701 Posts
Mine squeak a little bit but only sometimes....not enough to bother me though.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
it's possible. i dont recall the true torque spec, but it's not very high. maybe 65ish? that sound right to anyone else?
yeah, the torque doesn't need to be that high.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, it ended up being the driver side rear tire rubbing on the top plastic peice of my airbag. So when I would go over bumps at an angle the tire would come up and hit it. I trimmed it back, and we are all good now.

Thanks!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts