GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had new Mud Grapplers put on and have put probably around 1200 miles on them over the course of the past 2 weeks. They already look noticeably worn. Am I just use to my previous A/Ts not wearing very fast at all and now that I have M/Ts, seeing them go fast??

·
4,725 Posts
alignment, driving style, road surfaces, air pressure, wheel width, and average speed are numerous factors. They do wear quickly but you should not notice anything in the first 1200 miles. How are you noticing? scallopping? depth gauge? center wear?

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
fuck glad i stuck with A/Ts

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
Somethings probably up, my mtzs were barely noticeablely worn after 8k miles and my current toyo m/ts still look new after 4k miles

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
I'm going to get 45K of out of my M/Ts and could have easily gotten 50-55k.
cool my buddy just got 75 out of his A/Ts

·
Registered
287 Posts
The MTZ's I'm running have about 15k on them and just now starting to be noticeable... Something is definitely up with those Nitto's

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
I'm going to get 45K of out of my M/Ts and could have easily gotten 50-55k.
:word: Mine are doing great @ 17k. Still 80% tread left.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Pretty sure mud grapplers are one of the quickest wearing mud terrains.

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
I put around 3k on my mud grapplers and i couldn't even tell. Have about 4k on these baja claws and they still look new

·
FFR Fabrication
8,144 Posts
Get rid of em...mine wore really fast...Went through 2 full sets of them in the last 2 years

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
alignment, driving style, road surfaces, air pressure, wheel width, and average speed are numerous factors. They do wear quickly but you should not notice anything in the first 1200 miles. How are you noticing? scallopping? depth gauge? center wear?
pretty much what he said. Hell i have bias Claws with 5k on them and i havent really noticed much wear on them with a heavy truck like mine.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I got like 6k on my grapplers and they aren't barely showing, I am running 48-50 PSI if that helps you out.. check alignment?

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,895 Posts
something aint right... my 38 tsl radials with 10k miles barly had any wear and my km2s with 6k didnt show any wear

1 - 20 of 35 Posts