GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
CaddyHack
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didnt know what forum to put this in so Ill ask it here. Does anyone know if the new SS wheels will tuck on a 99-02 Chevy Truck? I want to put the chrome ones on mine

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
chaddurst said:
I didnt know what forum to put this in so Ill ask it here. Does anyone know if the new SS wheels will tuck on a 99-02 Chevy Truck? I want to put the chrome ones on mine
i havent seen the specs on them yet. most stock wheels do tuck, they should. to me they stick out a little much tho :shrug:

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
lowred said:
i havent seen the specs on them yet. most stock wheels do tuck, they should. to me they stick out a little much tho :shrug:
If ya saw em on a SS, it was prob cause of the sidewall on the tire :crazy:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Id imagine they would tuck...but im no expert on this kinda stuff.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
thoose rims look like they'd tuck... u might have to roll the rear lips in a bit. But i'm guessin ur running 255/35/20, so if you used the same tires, it'd prbly work.

stock rims tuck on 3 out of the 4 wheel wells. One of my fenders is a lil bit fatter b/c when i had the hoe rims, whenever i'd put it done, the tires would hit the lip. My intros have different back spacing between the left and right side.

·
Registered
716 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
My intros have different back spacing between the left and right side.
R u sure your wheels have diff. back spacin or is it that the truck isn't a perfect rectangle. I dont know exactly how to explain it but if u take a tape measure and measure from your front wheel well to your roll pan on one side of your truck and do the same for the other side you will notice that one side is longer by about an 1" or so. Joe from A. I. said it was for safety reasons, I dont exactly remember how this is a safety precaution. That extra 1" causes the rear end to shift to one side and makes one of your wheels look like they have a diff. back spacing. Try measuring and let me know if im right. Joe measured my truck and he was right on the nose.
Does anyone else know anything about this?

·
Registered
716 Posts
BTW A. I. just bagged an SS w/ those rims but it only tucked tire cuz the owner didnt want to get smaller tires. I was told that even w/ smaller tires it wouldnt tuck cuz they couldnt get the front to lay cuz of the all-wheel drive. W/out the all-wheel drive the rims would tuck sick.

Has anyone seen a bagged SS? This was the first one that I have seen. Sorry I dont have any pictures of the finished truck to show everyone.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I'm pretty sure you'll have to run lowpros with the SS wheels for them to work on a 4/6 and lower drop, but since you already have some you should be good to go :)

·
Registered
716 Posts
It's not a real SS right? BTW, I went to the shop today and the SS was on the ground. It was almost tuckin the rim with the stock tires. I'll put some pictures up when I get the film developed (yeah I know, I need a digital).

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
from what i understand gm builds the truck so that one side is closer to the fender. When i drop my truck, the bed actually shifts to the drivers side when i drop it. Its not noticible, but its definitely there. Proof of it when i accidentally hit my switches while rolling with out my fenders rolled, and there is a small strip of rubber missing on the side wall of my tire. The other side is completely fine. bryan from intro explained to me about this...

I have no idea about the bed length thing though

·
eplingphoto.com
550 Posts
The backspacing and the width of the rims would be my only worry.. I think they are 8.5 hell they may be 9.0.. check out silveradoss.com they've had a thread before on the size of the rims.

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
They are 8.5" wide. Not sure of the backspacing. The first picture of that Reg cab SS, does anybody know what size tires are on it??

·
Registered
90 Posts
Neither of those pictures are of real SS's they only come in extended cab with a 3/4ton chassis to support the torque of the 6.0. It should have been put on a regular cab like all the ones in the past have but I guess GM didn't think it would sell that way. That is why they are slower than the lightning, huge weight differance.

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
I know dude. Ive got the wheels off one. The pictures are the way the SS should be. Not a big heavy x-cab!

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
350SS said:
Neither of those pictures are of real SS's they only come in extended cab with a 3/4ton chassis to support the torque of the 6.0. It should have been put on a regular cab like all the ones in the past have but I guess GM didn't think it would sell that way. That is why they are slower than the lightning, huge weight differance.
aren't they slower than the 02 5.3 SCSB? i thought the ss was running high 15s... i know ewogo was like low/mid 15s on 20s...

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
99Silver5.3 said:
I know dude. Ive got the wheels off one. The pictures are the way the SS should be. Not a big heavy x-cab!
IntroWheels's truck is what the SS should have been :burnout:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts