GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2000 GMC Sierra Extended cab 2wd. I am looking for a lift kit primarily for looks and some light off roading on occasion. I am thinking maybe a fabtech 3" spindle system(because i know where to get one cheap) plus a 3" body lift for a total of 6". I was wondering if this combo will work and if there is anything wrong with running a body lift and a lift kit together. Also what size tires and wheels will work for this and will I need any differential mods for this.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
With the spindles you are going to have to get some blocks in the back so it sits level. Nothing wrong with the b/l unless you don't like the frame showing. 33 in tires on just about any 16"+ rim will be fine.
If I were you, I would just get a 6" suspension lift but thats if money isn't an issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good. Thanks for your input. What about gap guards. I have heard about those. How do those work?

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
are you doing the install yourself?

if not then it would probably be cheaper to just buy a 6 inch rcd or fabtech and have it done. body lift installs cost ALOT

i really like the look of 285 muds on 16x8s with 6 inches on a 2wd, but 305/70s will fit too(lil wider)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts