GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...
Just picked up a 2000 Silverado 2WD with a V6.
Has a Fabtech 6 inch lift and 285s. I am going to drop the truck off and do the following... any thoughts on if this si right or wrong...

- Hypertech Dual Fuel Programmer
- Fabtechs newest 7 inch lift (the 6 inch lift is really screwed up)
- 3 Inch Body Lift
- 456 Gears (they are trying to talk me into adding an Auburn as well, and I am not sure it is worth it... I am being told that I do not have a choice, although I find that hard to beleive).

I am also going to be changing from 285s on 16x8 wheels to 35 inch (or metric equiv.) tires on 16x10s

I like the truck alot... it's no V8 but I have plenty of other toys, so this is my daily driver and shop truck.

Let me know everyone's thought and experiences... I am not dropping the truck off at the shop until Thursday, so I have time to make changes if I need to.

BTW... I am getting all of this done, with labor, warenttee for 3years and tax for just over 3300.00 (not incl. wheels and tires).

Thanks,

Eric

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
4 Wheel Parts... seems to be a pretty good deal from what I have been checking out. As for my current Fabtech lift... I have heard tht this is the one that has been recalled due to ball joints breaking away from the a-arm. Also the truck rides horrbily... it feels loose, and there is a clunk everytime I turn a corner... or enter a driveway.

I am wondering if this is not the lift? The truck only has 32K on it.. and it rides as if it has 350K

I am hoping that a 2000.00 lift solves my problem... if not, I am not sure what to do. We'll see.

·
GPS Guru
347 Posts
evobuilder said:
4 Wheel Parts...
No No No... :nono:

evobuilder said:
Also the truck rides horrbily... it feels loose, and there is a clunk everytime I turn a corner... or enter a driveway.
Sounds like a body mount, mine does it all the time...

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
4 wheel parts will SCREW YOU.

they ussually REFUSE to install both a body lift and suspension lift on a truck.

you dont need an auburn. you have a 2wd V6. its not going offroad :LOL:

and i saw your other post about the "recall" and it sounds like total BS.

but even so i would imagine that coil/arm lift is thrashing the balljoints and tie rods. the 7 inch kit is much better and wont do that.

and sorry if this sounds harsh, but if the truck feels that "loose" then you probably shouldnt have bought it. but now that you did, my advice is to go VERY slowly and do not rush into anything fixing it:read: shop around for stuff and you will probably find a better deal.

that price looks a little high, but then again they really charge alot for body lift installs.

good luck dude :head2: lifted trucks rule, just gotta make sure to do it right

also, please do not pay them to install a hypertech programmer :nono:

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
yeah seriously, 4wp is horrible, DE hurry up and growup and lets open up a shop.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Kyle said:
yeah seriously, 4wp is horrible, DE hurry up and growup and lets open up a shop.
Seriously, I know I could do 100x better than 4wp does. Honesty goes a long long ways in a buisness like this. 4wp is as far from honest as it gets.

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
ryanerb said:
is it ok to buy from 4wp just not use them for install?

Yeah, they are fine to buy from. They're prices are usually pretty good. I've bought lots of stuff from them, but I ALWAYS do some homework and know EXACTLY what I'm wanting before I go in, because the guys that work there usually either dont know what they are talking about or claim that something doesnt exist, hoping to talk you into something more expensive. I seriously walk in with a list of part numbers, and tell them to fetch 'em for me (done think getting shocks, lights, etc). They dont mess around with you if you keep them in check. :bowtie:

Isnt it sad that a customer feels as though they must keep the sales staff "in check" ???? :flame:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts