GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning, as I got in my truck I got to the first stop sign and after I made the stop and have it some gas to go both my ABS and my EMERGENCY BREAK lights came on. I drive it for about ten minute then pulled over turned off my truck and turned back in and the lights stayed lit. Has this happen to anyone else? Does anyone know what to do to fix this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
Check your master cylinder and make sure the fluid is full. If its low you've got a leak you need to find.

Could be a bad wheel speed sensor as well. I'd check them all and make sure they have good connections. Hook to a scan tool and see if there's any BCM codes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check the master cylinder, from the looks of it I see no drip on my drive way but I will have to look in to that and also hook up to a scan tool. Thanks.

·
FoTfive'dpokinoutdaside
2,295 Posts
i had brake light code that went away when i changed the wheel bearing i couldn't get away with just changing the sensor and my abs light stayed on cause my pump was bad, they are notorious for going bad.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have to look in to that as well. I noticed yesterday when I got back in that those lights did not come back on and this morning they came back on. Is that normal?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts