GMC Truck Forum banner

2000 GMC Sierra: signal mirror upgrade?

Question 
6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  dkpeppard 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I have searched the forums and found a little, but would lime some more specific information. I currently have a 2000 GMC Sierra SLE with power and heated mirrors. I know the signals in the mirrors were not an option in 2000 (as far as I know). I found this upgrade kit and want some opinions, please:
http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx?partfamilyid=729

My biggest question is, since there is likely no factory harness hookup, how hard would it be to run wiring to make the signals work? Where would I tap into to get the signals to work, right off the wire at each front turn signal? I want to also make sure my heated and power mirror portion still work.

If I don't feel comfortable trying this myself, are there specialty shops that would do it for me? I'm not sure what to look for exactly. I'm in Denver, CO.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

#4 ·
I have never installed anything like that, but would think it should be in the instructions where and what wire you need to tap into. I would call places that wire up trailer brake controllers and towing mirrors etc. they should be willing to install what you want
Ahh good call! Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.