GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to go ahead and make a thread about it, since ive finally got the truck apart. Ready to break out the cutting tools.
Goodie Specs/Plans
Motor:
'06 LQ4 Base,
ARP rod bolts / head studs
LS6 pump
fresh bearings/rings.
balanced.
Milled and CNC ported 317 heads for 11.5:1 compression
double springs, Ti retainers.
LG G5X1 Cam.
Stainless works custom 1 3/4 headers, HVMC's, Boyce Cup Car boom tube with Dr gas x pipe.
Meziere EWP
ASP crank pulley.

Suspension:
C6 front and rear suspension clips.
'03 Cobra rear differential (so i can use conventional trans/driveshaft setup instead of transaxle)
Pfadt coilovers
Pfadt "pfatty" track sway bars.
C6 Z06 brakes, two piece rotors.

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
GMracer is going to be soooooo fucking jealous. He wishes he did 'Vette suspension, but I think he wanted to do C5.

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
subscribed

is the suspension even gonna be strong enough for a fullsize truck? you truck probably weighs 1000-1500lbs over what a vette weighs.

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
GMracer is going to be soooooo fucking jealous. He wishes he did 'Vette suspension, but I think he wanted to do C5.
thanks dick, but yes I was going to do vette suspension. Just at the time couldn't justify the price... maybe I'll build another frame...

Good luck! :head3:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
i've been thinking about doing that on an OBS but keeping the rearmounted tranny setup for better weight balance. will definately be watching this thread!!!

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts
i NEED to stop by and see this build jesse!!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
subscribed

is the suspension even gonna be strong enough for a fullsize truck? you truck probably weighs 1000-1500lbs over what a vette weighs.
i dont think ill have a problem, before i started my truck weighed right at 4k lbs. the vette stuff should remove about 200 lbs of weight, and most vettes weigh 3200-3400 lbs on real scales. i dont think 600-800 lbs is going to matter much. ill have the coilovers sprung for the extra weight, or i still might use custom stock style leaf springs, with stiffer rates. actually, the rear of the truck will weigh within 50 lbs of what the rear of the vette weighs. i would like to remove some weight from the front end. i may experiment with making some carbon, or fiberglass fenders and bumper.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i've been thinking about doing that on an OBS but keeping the rearmounted tranny setup for better weight balance. will definately be watching this thread!!!
i originally wanted to keep the transaxle and torque tube setup, but this would have affected the engine mounting, and i woul dhave had to adjust the length of the tube and driveshaft for wheelbase. that and the vette differential is a little weak AND gear set ups are close to $1000. the great thing about the Cobra diff is that its still a regular old 8.8 inside so gears are under $200. :0. ill be making conversion pieces for mounting the cobra section to the vette irs and offering them to the public.

·
Fat Ginger Kid
2,896 Posts
This one I'll definately want to see finished.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts