GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 silverado and i have done the trick where you ground the yellow wire from the low beams and jumped the 86 pins on the head light and fog light relays to make it so my high/low beams and fog lights will all be on when i turn on my highs. but with the configuration the lights are in now, whenever i unlock my truck with the key fob my parking lights flash which causes my fogs to also flash, and since i have HIDs in my fogs it just causes them to flash and not be able to warm up. now my question is, is there a way i can keep my fogs on with the high beams without the fog relay being triggered by the running lights?
thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
i have a 2000 silverado and i have done the trick where you ground the yellow wire from the low beams and jumped the 86 pins on the head light and fog light relays to make it so my high/low beams and fog lights will all be on when i turn on my highs. but with the configuration the lights are in now, whenever i unlock my truck with the key fob my parking lights flash which causes my fogs to also flash, and since i have HIDs in my fogs it just causes them to flash and not be able to warm up. now my question is, is there a way i can keep my fogs on with the high beams without the fog relay being triggered by the running lights?
thanks in advance!
You said you jumpered hi beam relay to fog relay. Why would fogs come on when parking lights do?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You said you jumpered hi beam relay to fog relay. Why would fogs come on when parking lights do?
i jumped the 86 pins on the head light relay and the fog relay, on the 2000 there isnt a hi beam relay, its just one head light relay that controls the high and low lights

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
i jumped the 86 pins on the head light relay and the fog relay, on the 2000 there isnt a hi beam relay, its just one head light relay that controls the high and low lights
So how are the fog lights coming on with parking lights

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So how are the fog lights coming on with parking lights
from what i have figured out is that th parking lights are controlled by the headlight relay, maybe pin 86 controlls the fogs? because if i turn my headlight switch to tunr on the parking lights my fogs also come on

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
from what i have figured out is that th parking lights are controlled by the headlight relay, maybe pin 86 controlls the fogs? because if i turn my headlight switch to tunr on the parking lights my fogs also come on
I think you have something wired wrong. Headlights and parking lights are mostly separate circuits

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you have something wired wrong. Headlights and parking lights are mostly separate circuits
i think their on separate circuits but i think that both circuits are controlled by one relay, because if i look in my fuse box there's no parking lamp relay

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
Run your fog lights onto a seperate circuit, run a power directly to your battery, then run a toggle into your dash. Or splice power from low beams directly, and run a relay harness, and steal power from there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Run your fog lights onto a seperate circuit, run a power directly to your battery, then run a toggle into your dash. Or splice power from low beams directly, and run a relay harness, and steal power from there.
that's an idea i haven't thought of, ill have to try that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts