GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Fat, bald guy.
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2000 Tahoe LT 2wd. It needs a head gasket or intake gasket, also has 230k on the engine, would I be better off getting a crate engine or rebuild the top end? Tahoe has 30k on a GM new transmission also.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Fat, bald guy.
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Once I figure out what i'm going to do with the motor i'm getting a HD hood and maybe some 20's.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
with that many miles I don't think it be wise to just do a head job once you remove the head to replace the gasket. I hear it will start to consume mega oil. Nice looking truck from what I can see in the picture.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Being that you just bought the truck, I'd assume you plan on keeping it for a while. In that case, you'd be better served by either pulling your motor and giving it a fresh rebuild, or dropping in another engine, whether new,rebuilt,or junkyard depends on your wallet.

·
Fat, bald guy.
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Decided to pick up a motor with 3 year 100k warranty, not bad for 2400.00 out the door. Can anyone tell me what color this is, look almost like a copper tone mixed with maroon?
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Fat, bald guy.
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found a local shop that i have only heard good things about, they are starting on the motor rebuild monday, what would be a good cam with a little rough idle without having to do a tune? I figured i would pick one up while its already apart.

btw it's a 5.3 with a 4l60e, 3:73 gears, 2wd, 4 door. Also adding a CAI, and flowmasters.

·
The Canadian
3,241 Posts
Decided to pick up a motor with 3 year 100k warranty, not bad for 2400.00 out the door. Can anyone tell me what color this is, look almost like a copper tone mixed with maroon?
[/URL][/IMG]
Paint code is written on the RPO code tag in the glove box.

Looks Like maroon (Dark Toredor)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts