GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
tuckin
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this in the lounge and thought this would be a good place for it as well...

So after some thoughts and what not I'm going in a new direction.. I'm buying a new frame and going static.. Maybe a 4/6 or so. I've got a engine I'm building and have decided to put it in the truck.. I'll be selling my rolling chassis so if anybody is interested in a frame that has a stock floor body drop and lays out on rims up to 24" let me know.. The front is narrowed to lay out on 10" wide wheels and the rear end is also narrowed 1.5" off each side.. I'm taking the body off as we speak and taking the frame down to get powder coated.. I'm gonna sell it with pretty much everything except the steering. I'm having the axle and a-arms powder coated as well. Also included in the sale are the 20" Boyd's.. The rear has a 2-link set up but can easily be set up for a 4-link.. The 2-link will also be powder coated.. I'm trying to get at least $5500 for the whole deal.. What do you guys think?? I'm guessing that's a pretty good deal considering you'll pay $4500 for a air bag job to lay frame from a good shop.. So this is what ya get..

Single cab frame that has a stock floor body drop
Lays out on 24" wheels
no negative camber thru out the travel
Custom Ekstensive Metal Works tubular a arms top/bottom
Narrowed rear end (3" total) with moser axles
20" Boyd Coddington Patriots
Frame, a-arms, rear end, 2 link bars Powder coated which ever color buyer chooses
4 Slam specialties air bags
8 Extreme 450 1/2 valves
1 custom center console that holds nitrogen tank, air gauge, 2 10" subs and 4 switches
1 big ass nitrogen tank.. I"m not sure on the size but its one of the bigger ones..
Aluminum lines thru out
4 new shocks

This is a really nice set up and rides really smooth.. I'll take some pics as soon as I can. Thanks if somebody is really interested pm me or give me a call.. 281-204-7914

·
tuckin
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
might want to post pictures of the chassis to get some more interest.
I'll be taking the rest of the stuff of this weekend so pics will be posted soon..

You're going 4/6 after all that. U never got to drive that sh*t haha :D
I've driven it a little over 1400 miles since I've finished it.. I'm going towards Horsepower then airbags now. I've got a pretty nice engine in the works and want to set my truck up for it.. Hope to make 600-700rwhp naturally aspirated..

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
so what motor did your truck have in it? Cuz i'd def. be willing to buy it from ya if its a 5.3/6.0

lemme know,
Dave

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
its a rolling CHASSIS. that means that youd have to put your own full cab, bed, and full motor on it. maybe a few misc peieces too.

·
tuckin
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so what motor did your truck have in it? Cuz i'd def. be willing to buy it from ya if its a 5.3/6.0

lemme know,
Dave
It came with a 4.8l, which is the same block as the 5.3L..

So what will this need to be driveable? Motor? Interior? What's the paint look like? Body complete?

Waiting for pics.
This is pretty much a normal and easy swap if you have a single cab truck.. All you would need is the body, motor, tranny and harness.. I'll throw in my 4.8L and tranny for an extra 1500 is somebody wants it.. The motor only has 85000 miles on it... Everything is going with this truck.. Things I didnt add that are obvious are the spindles, complete brake system( rotors, calipers...) etc...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts