GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Can anyone give me any instruction/pointers on replacing a blower motor in our 2001 Suburban 1500 4X4? It is starting to make noise @ slow speeds(especially in the colder weather) and I suspect it to be the bearing starting to go south on the unit.

Any/all directions/tips/hints to making this an easy job would be greatly appreciated as I would like to get it replaced before our next long road trip in 2-weeks(1000 miles each way) and having to listen to it talking to us the whole trip while the radio isn't on....

Thanks,
-John

·
Suburbanite
592 Posts
Re: 2001 Suburban 1500 4X4, Blower motor replacement....Any tips or helpful instructi

Hi,
Can anyone give me any instruction/pointers on replacing a blower motor in our 2001 Suburban 1500 4X4? It is starting to make noise @ slow speeds(especially in the colder weather) and I suspect it to be the bearing starting to go south on the unit.

Any/all directions/tips/hints to making this an easy job would be greatly appreciated as I would like to get it replaced before our next long road trip in 2-weeks(1000 miles each way) and having to listen to it talking to us the whole trip while the radio isn't on....

Thanks,
-John
What exact info do you need? I have the Helm manual for my 02 Burban which should be the same as your 01. Let me know the specific info you need and I will look it up in the book and I can post, PM or email you the info.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 2001 Suburban 1500 4X4, Blower motor replacement....Any tips or helpful instructi

What exact info do you need? I have the Helm manual for my 02 Burban which should be the same as your 01. Let me know the specific info you need and I will look it up in the book and I can post, PM or email you the info.
Hi Jacqson,
I don't currently have the vehicle accessible to look at(it's my fiancés and it is not at my house) and am just wondering things like if what interior pieces need to be removed & if the whole heater box needs to be removed to gain access to the actual blower motor itself for replacement. Basically a step-by-step would be much appreciated. :)

Thanks!
-John

·
Suburbanite
592 Posts

Hi Jacqson,
I don't currently have the vehicle accessible to look at(it's my fiancés and it is not at my house) and am just wondering things like if what interior pieces need to be removed & if the whole heater box needs to be removed to gain access to the actual blower motor itself for replacement. Basically a step-by-step would be much appreciated. :)

Thanks!
-John
OK, The area we are looking for is located on the right hand side of the truck below the dash in front of the seat. There is a sound insulation panel covering the ducting(Heater/Ventilation Module) under the Dash. It is the same panel you have to remove to replace the filters in the Air filtration system. Remove the panel(it should have 4 bolts) and drop it down. After removing this panel you should be able to see the blower motor on the right hand side. 1) Remove the blower motor insulating cover screws. 2)Disconnect the electrical connector from the blower motor. 3)Remove the blower motor insulating cover. 4)Pull the retaining tab down while turning the blower motor counter clockwise in order to disengage the blower motor from the heater/ventilation module. 5) Remove the blower motor. To reinstall the motor just do the preceding procedure in reverse. It would probably be a little easier with pictures but I'm pretty sure once you take a look, it won't be that hard to do.:D If you have any more questions after you take a look at it,:think: Let me know. Good Luck:cheers:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

OK, The area we are looking for is located on the right hand side of the truck below the dash in front of the seat. There is a sound insulation panel covering the ducting(Heater/Ventilation Module) under the Dash. It is the same panel you have to remove to to replace the filters in the Air filtration system. Remove the panel(it should have 4 bolts) and drop it down. After removing this panel you should be able to see the blower motor on the right hand side. 1) Remove the blower motor insulating cover screws. 2)Disconnect the electrical connector from the blower motor. 3)Remove the blower motor insulating cover. 4)Pull the retaining tab down while turning the blower motor counter clockwise in order to disengage the blower motor from the heater/ventilation module. 5) Remove the blower motor. To reinstall the motor just do the preceding procedure in reverse. It would probably be a little easier with pictures but I'm pretty sure once you take a look, it won't be that hard to do.:D If you have any more questions after you take a look at it,:think: Let me know. Good Luck:cheers:
Thanks Jacqson, much appreciated! :head:

-John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts