GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
mechanic
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2001 Tahoe I am looking to put some new wheels and tires onto. I was wondering if I stayed with a 16 Rim would a 31 inch A/T Tire fit?

Thanks,
Tyler

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes. If it's 4wd you can actually fit up to 33" tires before you have to start messing with stuff.

·
mechanic
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appreciate the help guys. Have any f you guys heard of Alloy ION Wheels? Also what would you guys suggest for a 31" and 33" tire? Looking for something with a good quality and more on the budget side.

Thanks,
Tyler

·
Registered
109 Posts
As far as tires go, it's all up to your preferences and needs as well as the thickness of your wallet. If you don't really need a mud tire, look at nitto terra grapplers as well as bfg all terrains. The bfgs are a bit pricey more though. If you want to pony up for mud tires, I'd recommend the cooper STTs. They have good mileage and seem to be streetable mud tires as well as being reasonably priced. Lots of members on here have them, and they look badass. And there are also "in betweens" like the cooper ST that bridge the gap between mud and all terrain tires. I really wanted the look of the mud tire but didn't really need them or want the extra costs associated with them so I got all terrains.

·
mechanic
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information!

I continued to look at some Wheels and Tires just to get an idea of cost.

From Jegs- ALLOY ION WHEELS - Series 171 - 16x8 - $109.99
From 4 Wheel Parts of Charlotte- Toyo Open Country All Terrain Tire 285/75R16

Question- A 285/75R16 Tire will fit a 16x8 Rim Correct?

Thanks,
Tyler

·
Low Life ↓
4,485 Posts
yes sir...if your gonna use your tires at all you might wanna look into someting more that the toyo at's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts