GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sold my cammed stalled Sierra Denali
upload_2019-2-27_8-15-4.jpeg

and bought this for a pretty good deal. $3400.
upload_2019-2-27_8-13-21.jpeg

2002 Silverado 2500hd LT 4wd
lq4/80e
leather, power everything.
100% factory.
Ive owned 2 of these, and I love em. The diesel craze really drove down the price of these imo and you can find deals if you look hard enough. Plus they are ready made for good power.

Went ahead and cranked the keys close to level, and did brakes all way around.

The front bumper was bumped and broke the plastic piece. So Ive been ordering parts like crazy and so far have:
tru cool40k
new front bumper
Efans and harness swap
egr block off
tbss intake swap 36lb/injectors
c5 regulator/filter
headlights/fog lights

Gonna leave the stock exhaust alone for now as I have a gt45 turbo and dont wanna waste money on headers if I decide to go that route. For now, it’s getting the e fan swap, tbss intake, and a tune from Blake @ avid speed. Idea is to get a base file and then go from there. Haven’t made up my mind fully yet on leaving stock cam and springs and adding a the gt45, or go 706 heads, cam and headers.

With the paint in the shape it’s in, it’s either a cheap paint job or buy the raptor liner kit and spray the whole truck. Anybody in here sprayed a whole truck before?

will post results of the tuning session and go from there.

·
n. fil-dert.
7,009 Posts
For what you paid and will have in it I'd put a decent paint job on it before raptor lining. Pretty low miles so it would be a good investment. Go with the same color to save some hassle, wouldn't have to do engine compartment. If you are set on a cheap paint job I think even that is better than the raptor liner if you plan on using the truck.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Raptor lining a whole truck is a terrible idea. It fades, you can’t get it clean and it doesn’t come off once it’s on like paint.
Unless the truck stays at a camp or in the woods I would not do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Unofficial VP of GMFS
3,326 Posts
No raptor line a crappy paint job > than a lined truck unless your chasing tornadoes

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s just a thought. I don’t mud ride anymore but do hunt a good bit. I’m more into power and performance than looks. Prolly won’t go the liner route.

·
Fuck all of you
1,116 Posts
Looks like a good buy. Very interested to see what it ends up as!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For what you paid and will have in it I'd put a decent paint job on it before raptor lining. Pretty low miles so it would be a good investment. Go with the same color to save some hassle, wouldn't have to do engine compartment. If you are set on a cheap paint job I think even that is better than the raptor liner if you plan on using the truck.

Do you know the technical name for this color? Is it pewter or something close?

·
n. fil-dert.
7,009 Posts
Do you know the technical name for this color? Is it pewter or something close?
I think it's silver birch metallic but someone will chime in with the code/proper name.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I think it's silver birch metallic but someone will chime in with the code/proper name.
Silver birch is more of a brown. From the pic it looks to be more silver, can't tell for sure though. The paint code should be on the RPO list in the glovebox.

Looks like a clean truck and I'm jelly of the mods it's gonna get. Wish I had the funds to do the same to mine

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Silver birch is more of a brown. From the pic it looks to be more silver, can't tell for sure though. The paint code should be on the RPO list in the glovebox.

Looks like a clean truck and I'm jelly of the mods it's gonna get. Wish I had the funds to do the same to mine
Your blue one in your profile pic looks sharp. I thought about running the newer wheels like you but just don’t like having to run adapters. What size tire you runnin? Leveled?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New bumper got here faster than I thought so after work and slapped it on. Looks a lot better imo. Need bigger tires!
upload_2019-2-28_7-24-54.jpeg

bought some eBay clear lense headlights at the same time so threw those on there too.
upload_2019-2-28_7-25-11.jpeg

Found a new problem though. The wiring harness for the high/low beams, blinkers, fog lights and parking lights that runs from the drivers side to the pass that runs along the front frame rail under the radiator has been spliced into by a previous owner. It looks like string cheese. Wires going everywhere. Anybody know of a wiring diagram for that circuit? I’ve been looking and no luck so far. Red/purple is high beam, orange/yellow is low, and that’s the only thing that works on that side. No blinkers, fogs, parking lights etc. It’s gonna take me awhile to figure out where everything goes as there are a few same color wires my the harness.

·
Just some fuckin guy
2,419 Posts
i think your best bet would be to go snag one from a junk yard rather than cutting/splicing the old one back together

Reactions: tallgood89

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I agree get a replacement harness if it’s chopped up that bad. You could go ahead and get an efan harness and kill 2 birds at one time.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Nice truck.... But, I'm a but biased ... :crazy:

02' OEM color is 382E Pewter

·
Just some fuckin guy
2,419 Posts
I already have the efan harness, are there aftermarket versions of the headlight stuff?
might check LMC. im not sure about newer stuff but they had an "HD" headlight harness for 88-98 trucks. they might make something similar for yours but ive never looked

1 - 20 of 44 Posts