21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
it's pewter. Silverbirch wasn't introduced until '03 i believe

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Your blue one in your profile pic looks sharp. I thought about running the newer wheels like you but just don’t like having to run adapters. What size tire you runnin? Leveled?
Thanks man. Mine are 285/60r20. I hate running the adapters because the fronts stick too far out. Mine is cranked up front an inch and lowered via shackles an inch in the rear

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,892 Posts
Thank you
Yeah check your glovebox for your particular paint code to be sure if you plan to repaint. My 01' Burb and 99' RCSB we're both Pewter, 382E. But, there are many variations of Pewter. It can be listed as 11U I think too.....

I run 2" adapters and LML 20s on my truck as well with zero problems. I also have 2" wheel spacers for my 8x6.5" setups.... PYOs and NNBS 17s/305s.

My truck has been through A LOT of different setups over the years. If you're looking for a particular setup...just ask. I probably have pictures of something similar! Lol. :crazy:

Reactions: Heckwine

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yeah check your glovebox for your particular paint code to be sure if you plan to repaint. My 01' Burb and 99' RCSB we're both Pewter, 382E. But, there are many variations of Pewter. It can be listed as 11U I think too.....

I run 2" adapters and LML 20s on my truck as well with zero problems. I also have 2" wheel spacers for my 8x6.5" setups.... PYOs and NNBS 17s/305s.

My truck has been through A LOT of different setups over the years. If you're looking for a particular setup...just ask. I probably have pictures of something similar! Lol. :crazy:
I just ran across good deal I think. 315/70r17cooper discovery H/T with over half tread left and 17” H2 wheels. 400 bucks for the set. Gonna see if they fit I’ve seen it done. What say guys that have tried it?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I just ran across good deal I think. 315/70r17cooper discovery H/T with over half tread left and 17” H2 wheels. 400 bucks for the set. Gonna see if they fit I’ve seen it done. What say guys that have tried it?
I think that you'd be fine if you cranked your keys 2" and didn't mind trimming your lower valance and liners a little. If you've got time to scroll, @hunter_varnam on Instagram used to tuck some huge tires under his HD with minimal lift. Now its on a massive SFA lift and like 48's lol.

Screenshot 2019-02-28 at 8.01.57 PM.png

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well I was on my way to buy those wheels I mentioned in the earlier post and happened to check for new ads one more time. Found some chrome H2 17s with 315/70/17 BFGs. For $100 cheaper and over half tread. So I went and grabbed those. Trimmed a minimal amount and they fit lock to lock no rub
FA1FAA93-2D30-4E90-AFD2-9A1246F22DC0.jpeg
024ED803-856D-4B46-9B96-556EC7EA4B87.jpeg
958AF484-06C2-424D-A5CA-8544015E56AB.jpeg
44824AFE-E202-4CDC-B642-37DA47825D09.jpeg
Seller also had two 285/70/16 and I grabbed those for $20 bucks so I’ll have a half decent spare. Decent day I’d say. Now just get the intake and throttle body, and big Trans cooler on before I take it to get tuned Tuesday.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Looks great! Always loved the H2’s on these trucks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
upload_2019-3-2_13-17-9.jpeg

Tow mirrors or not? Figured with the bigger tires I may be able to pull it off.

Also may do something with the grill.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I like the look of tow mirrors. Some people don’t. You lose some visibility in daily driving but are awesome pulling a trailer.

0FF367F4-4449-4BFD-81C5-56A6E141BB26.jpeg

·
n. fil-dert.
7,019 Posts
I vote no tows for no reason except I think they are ugly. But if they would be more functional than the current setup by all means go for it.

Reactions: eand28

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,462 Posts
I like the look of tow mirrors. Some people don’t. You lose some visibility in daily driving but are awesome pulling a trailer.

View attachment 817693
I am so glad you said that because everyone thinks I am crazy for saying that about tow mirrors. Unless you tow all the time I just found it gives a huge blind spot.

·
Super Moderator
5,626 Posts
I like the newer style tow mirrors. With the bottom concave mirror you can see everything behind you. I still might buy a set for my half ton lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I drive big rig at work, I use the smaller bottom mirror more than the big one anyway. Big one is just for checking straight behind you. I’ve seen some people putting the 07+ mirror style on. Have to look into that

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,462 Posts
I drive big rig at work, I use the smaller bottom mirror more than the big one anyway. Big one is just for checking straight behind you. I’ve seen some people putting the 07+ mirror style on. Have to look into that
Eww

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I been waiting til the last minute to put the intake on, block the egr, and the regulator before I take it to tune. Went ahead and threw some tr5 plugs in. Developed a small barely audible tick, do believe a lifter. If it goes Oh well, gives me a good reason for a cam and stuff.

I may cut the stock muffler off before I take it to tune. I’ve seen how restrictive they are. The Cats are already gutted, and it has a small rumble now. I don’t want it loud at all, a little rumble over stock. Maybe a vibrant resonator and a 18+” muffler dynomax or magnaflow do the trick? Whatever I buy will be welded back behind the downpipe once I get this turbo mounted up.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts