GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 319 Posts

· TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
8,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I'd gather all my info and pics to post up my "build thread" from bone stock in 2002 to current.... so here goes!

Had this good ol' girl, 95' K3500 with 454/4.10s....

I went with my cousin to look at new 2500HDs for him in March 2002.... and I came home with this.... March 27, 2002

Three days later.... bedrails, new Delta toolbox, and vent visors were added. Also swapped on the 16x8 American Racing Baja's and 285/75/16 BFG A/Ts off the 95'....

And, up forsale the 95' went.... :(

Got bored as the 285 BFGs wore down, so picked up some 305/70/16 "knock-off" A/Ts and tossed them on the PYOs....gave it some more crank on the stock keys and added a 1" rear block....

Wife got me a MAC cold air intake for X-mas....

Picked up a billet grille overlay and put the 305's over onto the 16x8 Baja's....

Got sick of the single stock 3.5" tailpipe with the (2) 40 series Flowmasters, so I made new dual 3" tailpipes and 4" Gibson tips....

Got sick of the "unbalanceable" knock-off 305's, so I picked up some new 305/70/16 BFGs and added green keys & 2" rear blocks. Also, grabbed some clear corners.....

Wanted more height... so I installed a 3" Performance Accessories BL. Now the "new" 305's look SMALL!!!

· TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
8,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My buddy wanted my 16x8's and 305's for his OOBS, so I traded him my set for his new 16x8 Eagle 058s and new 315/75/16 BFG A/Ts....

Wife got me Smittybuilt step bars for Xmas and I picked up a new billet bowtie....

We lifted my buddies truck so he wanted his tires/wheels back....I picked up some brand new 16x10 Eagle 187's and new 315/75/16 BFG A/Ts....

Candied stock taillights and cleaned up with its current setup.....

Decided I wanted to go BIGGER... so a phone call to Cognito took care of that....
7-9" kit, Bilstein 5100s...

315's look SMALL now....

After being hassled by the local PA cops for tires sticking out too far, tried on my cousins 16x8 MT Classic IIs and 315 BFG M/Ts....

Decided I wanted something taller and that didn't stick out so far.... so 17x9" Eagle 187's and 37/12.50/17 BFG A/Ts were added....

Reactions: SierraZ570

· TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
8,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
But, the skinny A/Ts just weren't cutting it.... so I ordered some new 37/13.50/17 Toyo M/Ts!!!

Picked up some painted handles and Bushwacker pocket-style flares to keep the local PD happy....

Picked up a used grille bar and painted it Indigo Blue for a different look....

The old polished "hole" wheels were looking beat after all these years.... new Procomp 6005 chrome 17x9's were added....

Updates: Painted box and rails black, black valance and bumper cap, added new Line-X'd N-Fabs, 06' Silvy taillights, and tow mirrors.

Needed a "winter-setup" to keep the chrome rims out of the salt.... PYO's and used 315 BFG A/Ts installed....

Warm weather again... new shorter center caps, added 07'+ cab marker lights, and repainted entire frontend.....

Finally got rid of the broken jumpseat lid in favor of a full matching console....

Picked up some new Edelbrock mid-length headers for a GREAT deal, 80% off!!!

Needed some "dry, lockable storage" for tools... picked up this used colormatched Leer cap....

· TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
8,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Toyo's were finally about worn out, so tires/rims were sold. Needed a better "DD/gas-saver" setup.... 315/75/16 MT ATZ's were put on the PYOs....

Finally, after all these years, removed the body side mouldings.... Nice!!!.....

PYO's/ATZ's looked too tucked in under the bed, so new Rough Country 2" wheel spacers were added....

Decided to "try out" my buddies 37/13/16 Boggers for a week or so..... Beefy looking!!!....

Picked up some used 16x8 Weld Cheyenne 8's.... FINALLY, my favorite wheel!!!

Finally decided I was tired of "towering" over the 315 ATZ's..... so I picked up some used 37/12.50/16 Parnelli Jones Dirt Grips!

Two of the used PJs were about shot.... so road trip to Virgina and scooped up two brand new ones off Craigslist.....
[/QUOTE]

CURRENT

· Heavy Metal Machine
656 Posts
Holy crap, Johnny. I baaaarely remember yer truck stock. Mind blown.

· TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
8,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:drool2:

John, hands down the best looking 02'! And the way it shows is classic and the paint I'm jealous of that.

Thanks for sharing

Thanks man!!! That's your old grill bar showing off in a couple pics.... :bleh:

looks good man. love the atz, i want a set bad but 40s will kill me lol. did you install the cab lights?

Yeah I liked the ATZs alot too.... just wanted bigger again! And, also the bigger sizes seem to have the more aggressive sidewall, which I was missing....

Yup I installed the cab lights.... I've done 3 sets of the 07+ marker lights now.

Wow, sick build thread man! Love your truck. How many miles are on it now John?
Thanks man!!! Just turned 75k..... its depressing (to me...)!!! :crazy:

How are the rough country spacers holding up? Really want to get spacers for my 2500hd. Do you carry loads or tow/haul with them?

Truck looks absolutely awesome man.
They've been great.... no issues whatsoever! I've had them since Feb... I don't tow as much as I used to. Just work out of the truck everyday.... I used to pull an enclosed trailer daily and my 10k dump atleast once or twice a week. I really think they'd be fine.

Holy crap, Johnny. I baaaarely remember yer truck stock. Mind blown.
I know.... its been a long time.... I barely remember it "stock"! :shakehead:

Looking good.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide
very nice as always

Thanks guys!!! :shake:

· TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
8,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got the cap put back on for Fall/Winter.... Gave the truck a quick bath and snapped some pictures before the sun went down.

· TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
8,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
More shots that didn't upload the other night.....

· TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
8,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys!!!

Changes coming soon..... :secret:

· TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
8,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Haha.... should have pics tomorrow!

1 - 20 of 319 Posts