GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im lookin to doing a v6 to v8 swap in my '02 silverado in the next few weeks. hopefully going to get a motor next week. i know i need motor mounts, hoses, belts, harness, redo the exhaust, AC hoses n compressor, and program pc. is there anything else im forgeting or need to do?

while i in the process of doing the swap im gonna throw in a cam. (ls6 cam, tr220, tr224) i know i need hardened push. Valve springs? could i get away with using ls6 springs? lifters? What stall would be good if im still planning on pulling car trailers

also someone said i need a returnless fuel rail. will a rail from a tbss work?

thanks,
Dennis

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found a motor with a tr224, 918 springs and hardened pushrods. So I might end up sellin the cam. Should I try a trailblazer convertor?

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
what are you going to do to the trans? i doubt it'll hold with the new powerplant, cam and torque converter

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ima keep the tr224 in the for awhile n see how my neighbors like it. i want to do a convertor but on a low budget bc i know i still need the tranny built. also saving up for heatwave. im also in the process of just finding someone to do my tranny prolly next month

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
also dont know if its good to run a big stall if im still pulling a trailer(18ft car trailer with 3800lb car)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
is it ok to have a 3000 plus stall when pulling trailers

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
is it even a good towing cam. the cam was coming with the motor im pickin up tomorrow

1 - 13 of 13 Posts