GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 235 Posts

·
Fuck all of you
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally been convinced to make a build thread on the daily so here it is. 2002 Tahoe LS 4WD with the 5.3, leather, 186k miles, rebuilt title, no G80. Think I got rid of the pics from how it was when I got it, but the first thing I did was upgrade the lighting. Full LED upgrade all around (fogs and headlights coming eventually), Helo HE835 wheels on Cooper Discoverer AT3 tires. These tires are an amazing AT for the cost and they ride really well
200890-e083a69eda39fc022687a17c189b0947.jpg
200891-45502644caafdb834026a4ca41759b47.jpg
200892-f7db0382f6741254ec1a972b375275d8.jpg

·
Fuck all of you
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not long after school started my water pump decided to shit out on me and my starter was going out so I replaced them, This was just after getting my exhaust. Ignore the fact that it has no tips, They hadn't come in yet.

·
Fuck all of you
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For Christmas this year I got 2 12" Pioneer Subs with a 2500 watt output Planet Audio amp to fix my broken factory sub. These things hit HARD
IMG_0301.JPG

·
Fuck all of you
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice. I was expecting clapped out. You did good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First time I think I've gotten complimented on this site I think lol. But thank you. I actually have taste. Also removed the LS emblems and thinking about completely debadging and demolding the truck soon. Gonna use itsjusta6's debadging tutorial for that. I have to get a good set of passenger side doors first because they were destroyed when I got it

·
n. fil-dert.
6,834 Posts
Decent platform. Some easy and cheap mods to consider -

Clear corners. I have been running EGay ones and sealing them. Upside is cheap. Downside is cheap. But good luck finding some nice ones.
Billet bowtie - I paid around $20 for mine on either Ebay or Amazon. Or you could pull yours off, sand it, and rattle can with Duplicolor/clear for a nice match.

Other than that if it was mine I'd (carefully) demold, probably CM the bumper cap although it doesn't stand out too bad, and find some color matched handles. Next round of tires I wouldn't mount the white letters out. I'd also find a nice set of OEM 20s to replace those wheels, they aren't horrible but a little on the yee yee side.

Just think clean and functional.

·
Fuck all of you
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Decent platform. Some easy and cheap mods to consider -

Clear corners. I have been running EGay ones and sealing them. Upside is cheap. Downside is cheap. But good luck finding some nice ones.
Billet bowtie - I paid around $20 for mine on either Ebay or Amazon. Or you could pull yours off, sand it, and rattle can with Duplicolor/clear for a nice match.

Other than that if it was mine I'd (carefully) demold, probably CM the bumper cap although it doesn't stand out too bad, and find some color matched handles. Next round of tires I wouldn't mount the white letters out. I'd also find a nice set of OEM 20s to replace those wheels, they aren't horrible but a little on the yee yee side.

Just think clean and functional.
Basically just the full GMFS treatment? Trying to find an LT in the same color or an Esky that I can take the handles, appliques, and maybe the cluster to reprogram out of

·
Fuck all of you
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Fuck all of you
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm honestly surprised no one has said anything about the exhaust clip. Sounds kinda like shit up top in the revs but it sounds good driving normally and if I downshift into 1st and let the revs come down on their own it sounds amazing

·
n. fil-dert.
6,834 Posts
Basically just the full GMFS treatment? Trying to find an LT in the same color or an Esky that I can take the handles, appliques, and maybe the cluster to reprogram out of
I said simple. Start with the handles. Full Esky swap is cool but not necessary to begin building a clean truck. When you come up with a huge plan it can get derailed...little ones are better at this point.

·
Fuck all of you
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I said simple. Start with the handles. Full Esky swap is cool but not necessary to begin building a clean truck. When you come up with a huge plan it can get derailed...little ones are better at this point.
That is very true. Something might come along and completely derail the project

·
Registered
599 Posts
The other thing to take into account is that this is your daily driver. Keep it reliable, and as Phildirt has said keep it simple. Make it comfortable, and clean...

·
Fuck all of you
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The other thing to take into account is that this is your daily driver. Keep it reliable, and as Phildirt has said keep it simple. Make it comfortable, and clean...
I don't think there are many seats that are more comfortable than NBS seats

·
Just some fuckin guy
2,233 Posts
ill give it to ya, not bad. id loose those steps tho. what happened that it has a rebuilt title?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Agreed, has anyone swapped NBS seats into an OBS?

·
Fuck all of you
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ill give it to ya, not bad. id loose those steps tho. what happened that it has a rebuilt title?
I think the front core support was bent. You can't tell it was wrecked though

·
Fuck all of you
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Fuck all of you
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Like a girlfriend.
I'm fugly man I probably won't have a girlfriend for a while. I am actually trying to find a date to my Junior prom but I doubt I'll find one

1 - 20 of 235 Posts