GMC Truck Forum banner

181 - 200 of 235 Posts

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,008 Posts
This thread is killing me.

Why even go through the headache. Just slap a cool muffler like Black Widow on it and tune it, fuck pulling parts off that don't need to come off for almost no gain in performance other than wanting to tell all of your friends it has headers.

I'd spend all monies on coilovers and some more badass wheels than knickel and diming on this crap. Or maybe some body work to fix all those dents.
This.

Basically what I do to all my trucks now. Because at the end of the day it's a big heavy pos

·
Fuck all of you
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
This thread is killing me.

Why even go through the headache. Just slap a cool muffler like Black Widow on it and tune it, fuck pulling parts off that don't need to come off for almost no gain in performance other than wanting to tell all of your friends it has headers.

I'd spend all monies on coilovers and some more badass wheels than knickel and diming on this crap. Or maybe some body work to fix all those dents.
Have been wanting to get the Venom 300 or 250/Race Venom muffler. I have been looking into black widow fotr a while now but I do not think that they have a muffler that could just weld in place of my current one because I don't want to completely redo my exhaust system. I'm still on a budget and don't want to spend the extra money for a new exhaust system after the muffler if I don't have to

·
n. fil-dert.
6,834 Posts
Your logic is just incredible.

·
Fuck all of you
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #184

·
Registered
791 Posts
Have been wanting to get the Venom 300 or 250/Race Venom muffler. I have been looking into black widow fotr a while now but I do not think that they have a muffler that could just weld in place of my current one because I don't want to completely redo my exhaust system. I'm still on a budget and don't want to spend the extra money for a new exhaust system after the muffler if I don't have to

This.. you bought shorties

·
Fuck all of you
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
This.. you bought shorties
Now I see it :facepalm:. I've also been thinking about the speed engineering true duals. How are you liking yours?

·
Fuck all of you
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #188

·
Registered
791 Posts
I'll take it they're shit
I can't speak for others, however I have had a not so pleasant experience with them. I installed them last July.. so 1 year and roughly 2k miles later... I noticed a really really bad rattle and also a different note. I pulled the back half of the system and saw a ton of packing blew out of the mufflers.

I emailed them and explained the issue and they more less said, "your out of the warranty period by 5 days. Sucks for you, go get different mufflers."

Also all the connections are different. It took ALOT of tweaking to get them not to leak... and they still do a bit. And the x-pipe hits my frame rail

·
Administrator
3,312 Posts
Now I see it :facepalm:. I've also been thinking about the speed engineering true duals. How are you liking yours?
contradictions contradict themselves. I'm lost.

....and you wouldn't have to "redo you whole exhaust system" for a muffler. That's why the my reducers and other fittings. If you got a muffler with 2.5" inlet/outlet and let an exhaust shop handle the rest you could be in and out within an hour. Black Widow sounds great, too.

·
Fuck all of you
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
Sorry I've been so inactive lately everyone. Work has been killing me. But anyways not that much to update on. I did finally get the headers on and I'm definitely happy with the difference. It got the raspiness out of the tone of the exhaust and it's a lot deeper and doesn't sound like a shop fan at high RPMS and that's what I was hoping to get rid of with the headers. Of course, as everyone dreads with headers on these trucks, the manifold bolt closest to the firewall on the driver's side was broken off, and we couldn't drill it out. But my dad thinks I'm about to have to pull the motor soon to find an oil leak. It sucks, because this is my only vehicle, so I'd have to borrow another vehicle while this one was down. But this was just a little update to post something. I'll post a sound clip as soon as I get the chance

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Sorry I've been so inactive lately everyone. Work has been killing me. But anyways not that much to update on. I did finally get the headers on and I'm definitely happy with the difference. It got the raspiness out of the tone of the exhaust and it's a lot deeper and doesn't sound like a shop fan at high RPMS and that's what I was hoping to get rid of with the headers. Of course, as everyone dreads with headers on these trucks, the manifold bolt closest to the firewall on the driver's side was broken off, and we couldn't drill it out. But my dad thinks I'm about to have to pull the motor soon to find an oil leak. It sucks, because this is my only vehicle, so I'd have to borrow another vehicle while this one was down. But this was just a little update to post something. I'll post a sound clip as soon as I get the chance
We've missed you dearly

·
Fuck all of you
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #196

·
Just some fuckin guy
2,233 Posts
ya bc pulling the motor on the 83 has gotten it so far. those leveling pucks better be on this bitch or on their way back to me.

·
Fuck all of you
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
Getting put on when I change my oil thursday. Problem is I didn't realize the keys on the torsion bars actually have been cranked. So I don't know how much more I'll have to adjust it to keep it level

·
Fuck all of you
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
Just keep putting oil in it.. little oil leak never really hurt anyone.
Well considering it lost a quart in about 2 weeks I really don't want to keep doing that :shrug:

181 - 200 of 235 Posts