GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

republican
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have bit off more than i can chew, i have a 03 Silverado 1500HD i'm currently restoring to be my daily driver, it came with the LS package, i decided to change the factory radio to a new double din touch screen and changed the standard steering wheel as well as clock spring , to a deluxe wheel, i used a Pac RP5-GM11 harness thinking it would interface and allow the steering wheel buttons to operate radio, no dice.. so i bypassed it and went to a Axxess SWC-1 harness and i still cant get it to work, so im assuming its something in the install of either the PAC or something in the truck need's to be addressed, ive done a search and it just confuses me more, I'm beginning to think it need to remove the PAC unit and wire radio directly to truck wiring and then address the SWC-1 to see it it work steering wheel controls then , any help would be greatly appreciated

Registered
If you haven't looked through these yet, you might find your answer there.

republican
Discussion Starter #4
If you haven't looked through these yet, you might find your answer there.

the PAC and Axxess are supposed to convert the signal for the aftermarket radio, im not attempting to connect with DIC, just the aftermarket radio.

Registered
I'm not sure then. I haven't had a chance to do my truck yet, just been researching for down the road. As I understand it, based on these threads, the BCM has to be flashed for both DIC and radio controls to work. They are two seperate codes for either one. Otherwise, I have no idea where your problem is.

Registered
I have bit off more than i can chew, i have a 03 Silverado 1500HD i'm currently restoring to be my daily driver, it came with the LS package, i decided to change the factory radio to a new double din touch screen and changed the standard steering wheel as well as clock spring , to a deluxe wheel, i used a Pac RP5-GM11 harness thinking it would interface and allow the steering wheel buttons to operate radio, no dice.. so i bypassed it and went to a Axxess SWC-1 harness and i still cant get it to work, so im assuming its something in the install of either the PAC or something in the truck need's to be addressed, ive done a search and it just confuses me more, I'm beginning to think it need to remove the PAC unit and wire radio directly to truck wiring and then address the SWC-1 to see it it work steering wheel controls then , any help would be greatly appreciated
I did mine with the PAC SWI-CP2 and it worked great. Did you replace the clock spring?

republican
Discussion Starter #8
I did mine with the PAC SWI-CP2 and it worked great. Did you replace the clock spring?
yes i did replace it but i didn't know there were 2 different configurations , i received the 2 wire and my truck uses the 1 wire so i modified it to work, I'm waiting on the correct clock spring to arrive now and install it to be sure that's correct. This is my plan for now, I'm removing the PAC RP5-GM11 and just using a standard radio to truck harness and reinstalling the Axxess SWC-1 and see if it then works, hopefully so. I'm thinking the PAC unit is causing the issue because its for a truck that came from the factory with OnStar and a oem deluxe wheel and I'm adding a deluxe wheel and trying to get it to work.

republican
Discussion Starter #9
also when you installed your pac for the steering wheel, where was it and what wire did you tap into ? i may be tapping into the wrong wire,

Registered
also when you installed your pac for the steering wheel, where was it and what wire did you tap into ? i may be tapping into the wrong wire,

It's been a while but I believe it was a green or light green wire under the dash

1 - 10 of 10 Posts