GMC Truck Forum banner

461 - 480 of 509 Posts

·
Premium Member
Solid axle '01 Tahoe/'03 Sierra/'18 Silverado
374 Posts
Kindig-it? Are you local? Or just know of Kindig from bitchin' rides?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Going to be beautiful in that color.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #468
Thankyou, i think so too. Can't wait till its done, probably another week or so. Doing caddy door handles, flares and the bed as I type this. Will need to be sanded, buffed and reassembled. Not sure on mirrors or headlights yet, thinking about the newer style tow mirrors with chrome or color matched caps. Headlights do I do smoked or clear/chrome. I think the dark accents will look good with my current wheels.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,651 Posts
I am so glad you decided to do 1 color

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
When I seen it in person that was the end of the 2 tone..lol. Now seeing more painted I'm also glad...haaaahaaa.
It was the pewter’s fault. Terrible color.

I think you should do K2 style tows with CM caps. Take the heads apart and smoke the amber lenses. Black billet cutout grille.

Then polished wheels.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #472
I was looking at the boost automotive mirrors with the smoked lens and switchback turn signal. The grille now is new oem, I was looking at a different one but not sure.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #473
The color is way more deep red than it looked in the shop lights. From one direction you can see the orange another the red. Here is an assembled pic out in the sunlight.

Attachments

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,651 Posts
Old.man red in that picture i like it

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #477
Old man red, u prick..haaaahaaa. The color is deceiving for sure, what color is it..haaa. Here's right before it went outside. Needed the space to work on a rusty ford...lol

Attachments

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #479
I should have finished pics Sunday, painted the bed, valance, door handles, fuel door, grille pieces and tailgate this am. Going to assemble it tomorrow and buff it Sunday. Need the time for the clear to totally cure. I bought the newer style mirrors with led lights and chrome caps. I figured with the chrome bumpers and caddy door handles the mirrors would look good.

461 - 480 of 509 Posts