GMC Truck Forum banner

481 - 500 of 509 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,108 Posts
A set of cleared up front, tinted windows, and polished wheels and that thing will be perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #485
A set of cleared up front, tinted windows, and polished wheels and that thing will be perfect

They are cleared headlights but are a few years old and look rough. I'm actually looking for a new set now.. The front windows are lightly tinted and need to be redone darker for sure. Wheels I'm working on..lol

I'll get that stuff all back where it should be, has new mirrors, new tinted tails and cargo light so thats a plus.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts

Yep, polished 22x12s.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #488
It made the 100 mile trip home last night. Everytime I drive this thing I can't stop grinning when I crank up the 408. The boost gets me everytime...lol.. Still plenty to do, the frame needs to be finished, suspension needs to be cleaned and painted plus it needs a spray in bed liner. Prob April or may when its nice out I'll buff it another time, the paint for now on the bed needs to sit and cure. its a shame its mid December, a foot of snows coming wed/ thurs and it will be put away for that .

Ordered a few things last night, needed a new plastic insert for the filler neck, fresh headlights and a set of tailgate rubber bumpers since those are missing. Wheels won't be for a few months.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #492
Thanks guys, it looks way better this way than 2 tone...I agree. its not perfect but it does look pretty awesome. They did an excellent job for doing it after hours. Will be more added to it in time.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #494
Spoke to a local dustless blasting company the other day, 400.00 to do the frame rails and both axles. I'm thinking that's the way to go shortly..

On the wheel subject I'm having a tough time trying to figure out what to do. Looking at wheels im not sure 20x10 or 12s. Center line eliminator in chrome, hostile alpha, hostile sprocket, fuel hostage..hmm..lol. or take mine and have em powder coated chrome 2 which looks like bright silver or cleared polished aluminum. Its 700.00 to powder em or 1200 plus for new.

I did get new clear headlights, tailgate spoiler, tailgate stops and new plastic insert for inside the fuel door. So far so good

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Of all those you listed, I say the hostile alphas.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,651 Posts
Stick steel wheels plastidipped black

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #500 (Edited)
I was looking at a set of xd pike, in the brushed titanium finish. Some reason I think they might look good with this color and they might not be bad to keep clean. I'm stuck between those and alphas. Id rather not have more chrome tho....decisions suck..lol

This is just a pic of what they would look like in 20x12s. This isn't 8 lug tho, just a pic.

Attachments

481 - 500 of 509 Posts