GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I am trying to sort out the problems for my boss's 2003 1500 silverado reg cab. He has had the dealer replace 6 resistors / 2 control panels and one wire harness ( melted) and now he is at no heat/ac completely dead. from what he described ity seems as if the resistor is being overloaded. I realize that this is an electrical night mare but looking for a little guidance as to where to start first as far as power source etc. I was going to start at the control panel then work towards the blower motor but not sure if its that simple.

Thanks

·
resident craigslist whore
1,712 Posts
your blower motor is drawing too much amperage either because it's full of rust (seen that on a lot of F150's) or the motor is just shot and doesn't wanna turn freely anymore. Replace it, stop replacing failed components that are due to another problem!!! I can't believe a dealer, of all shops, would replace 6, SIX, resistors without getting to the route of the problem first!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I asked my boss why they never checked he assumed they did. I was thinking the exact same thing 6. We will see the resistor is fried again so we are going to replace both.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts