GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
previously USMC05
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cd player in my 03 silverado z 71 will play cd;s when it wants to and when it doesn't it sracthes my cds bad. Does any one else have this problem??? Also my selt belts squek and make the most annoying noises for the slightlest movements. It might just be my truck from my lift but if any one else has this problem let me know.... Thanks

Thanks for the responses the problem is my truck is lifted and i dont really have much of a warranty but they might still cover the interior i will have to find out.. but is there any aftermarket radio that works with the steering wheel controls i havent really looked for any but if you know let me know..... thanks!! :shake:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Sounds like your CD player is a defect, I've never heard of any real problems with the stock decks except that they aren't loud enough :evil: Don't know about the seatbelts though.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Have you tried taking it back to the dealer? The CD player should be under warranty if you are under 36k miles. As for the seatbelts i'm sure they can lubricate them somehow to make them quiet again.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
My bros stock radio in his 03 just shorts out and doesnt have any sound. Display works perfect all the buttons work but every now and then it just cuts out and no sound at all. I just take it out and plug it back in and it works :pissed:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i had a squeeky seat belt... they just put a lil oil in the seat belt, then it was gone.

·
Original Members
1,090 Posts
dude i had the same problem with my stock 02 cd player, when i would put a cd in it would eject it and say error and it would scrath my cds all to hell i took it back to the dealer and they are shipping me a new one right now

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
My stock radio gave up on me too. It wouldn't play and wouldm't eject the cd's, I think it just got to dirty. But a little word of advice those buttons don't hold up to well to a right hook, they will get stuck in your knuckels.

·
Need to go faster!
376 Posts
Sounds like the lens is too close to the cd spinning inside your head unit.

If for some reason the dealership can't replace it, you can open it up and there should be a dial of some kind in there you can turn to adjust the height of the lens (may just be a screw, may be a plastic gear). You'll have to put in cds and find a good setting by trial and error.

·
Registered
26 Posts
on my 03 stock deck when it gets warm outside i start to hear a ticking sound comming from my deck. at first i thought it was the cd but it does that to any cd so far i havent noticed any scratches though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have the same problem with my cd player. it scratched 2 of my cd's bad. and sometimes it will stop playing a make a ticking noise. i was just thinking of waiting till i can get a system or taking it to the dealer if it does it again.

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
My dads 03 Tahoe is on its 3rd stock deck. They said there was a bad batch of them that came in. The one he has now is working like a charm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts