GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
adopt children not styles
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for 03 tail lights for a while now on ebay and such with no luck. I just found out that JP Customs sells them for $220 a pair :insane: i can't find them on Gmpartsdirect.com anymore so i am really considering just ordering the ones from JP customs. Does anyone have good/bad experience with this company or do you know where i can find them for a cheaper price? :bowtie:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Check your junkyards, dealerships and places that install utility beds? Might find some there, I need to look too.

·
Original Members
1,090 Posts
just find an 03 and steal them late at night :read:

·
Registered
476 Posts
ryguy said:
I've been looking for 03 tail lights for a while now on ebay and such with no luck. I just found out that JP Customs sells them for $220 a pair :insane: i can't find them on Gmpartsdirect.com anymore so i am really considering just ordering the ones from JP customs. Does anyone have good/bad experience with this company or do you know where i can find them for a cheaper price? :bowtie:

I ended up getting mine from someone on the forums but no harness. I shopped around on e-bay and ended up buying a LH 03 & a RH 04 with harnesses (two different auctions) then I sold the two I bought on e-bay and I ended up with $87.00 into mine for both lights and both harnesses.

LK

·
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TheLlama said:
Dealerships is your best bet, thats where i got mine
how much did they charge you, if you dont mind me asking?

·
OG
6,939 Posts
ok i dont under stand the need for the harnesses. I have 03 tails and stock harnesses and all my lights work fine i have reverse lights, brakelights, the lights that are on all the time at night and blinkers. you dont need the harness unless i have forgotten sumthen

·
Pink Bear Man...
1,455 Posts
Cost me 119 for right side and 116 for the left, reason for this is the right side has longer harness. Without the harness you have to splice wires or do some rerouting of light bulbs. I personally think its worth it to get the harnesses, took me 2 min per side to install 03 tails with harness.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Blue02 said:
ok i dont under stand the need for the harnesses. I have 03 tails and stock harnesses and all my lights work fine i have reverse lights, brakelights, the lights that are on all the time at night and blinkers. you dont need the harness unless i have forgotten sumthen
The harness if only if you want to use the side marker light (which is only on the 03+ Chevy tails).

Here are the p/n for the tails (thanks to our handy tech article):

15766535 LH
15183561 RH

and here are the harness' p/n

16531401 LH
16531402 RH

They are quite expensive tho (even from GMPD). If you find a good price somewhere, let me know :handshake

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
HumanZoom, if there's a different p/n for the harnesses does that mean you can get them seperate? Cuz my bro and I went to a dealer a while back when he got his 03's and they said that they only come when you buy the lights too.

You might be able to switch your stockers for the 03's out of a rental truck. And you'll have enough time to switch out the harnesses. Just something to think about.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
you need the harness so that the bulbs plug in to the sockets correctly and create a weather proof seal. if not, you will have to go buy the right sockets and wire them up yourself.

i have heard good things about JP customs, in fact we are in the works of making him a PV on this site.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
El Padrote said:
HumanZoom, if there's a different p/n for the harnesses does that mean you can get them seperate? Cuz my bro and I went to a dealer a while back when he got his 03's and they said that they only come when you buy the lights too.

You might be able to switch your stockers for the 03's out of a rental truck. And you'll have enough time to switch out the harnesses. Just something to think about.
Hmm...I don't know for sure. I just pulled the p/n from our tech article page. I know nothing comes up on GMPD when I put the harness number in there. Other than that, I don't know. :shrug: Sorry.

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
HumanZoom said:
Hmm...I don't know for sure. I just pulled the p/n from our tech article page. I know nothing comes up on GMPD when I put the harness number in there. Other than that, I don't know. :shrug: Sorry.
No problem, thanks for looking :shake:

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
El Padrote said:
No problem, thanks for looking :shake:
No problem

I think that Bill's utility bed installers may be my best bet right now. I guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow :D

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Indeed they don't. But luckily I have tracked down GM's new numbers for the 2003 Silverado tail lights (maybe we need to update our tech page now).

They are:

15198462 RH
15198463 LH

I was talking to the parts guy at my local Chevy dealer, and he didn't know why they were changed, they just were. I do know that the harness is included with each light, but I forgot to ask whether you could buy the harness separately.

·
Registered
752 Posts
gabeherndon said:
Good luck getting under the truck to unplug all the harnesses in a short amount of time. I got mine from Josh on here :head:
Who said you have to unplug them, just unscrew them and cut the harness. :read:

·
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
HumanZoom said:
Indeed they don't. But luckily I have tracked down GM's new numbers for the 2003 Silverado tail lights (maybe we need to update our tech page now).

They are:

15198462 RH
15198463 LH

I was talking to the parts guy at my local Chevy dealer, and he didn't know why they were changed, they just were. I do know that the harness is included with each light, but I forgot to ask whether you could buy the harness separately.
thank you thank you thank you :worship: you just saved me about 100 bucks :D So those part numbers include the wiring harnesses??

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
ryguy said:
thank you thank you thank you :worship: you just saved me about 100 bucks :D So those part numbers include the wiring harnesses??
Your welcome :D The parts guy opened the box for me, and it included the lense, bulbs, and wiring harness.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts