GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found your site. Looks like a lot of good info. I would like to know what a good modification, not too expensive, would be to my 2003, Z71, 5.3, Unicover "Sportsman" cover, would be. I had a 97, Z71 w/ 5.7. I loved it but the miles got to it. I could squeeze 17 out of it on the highway after going to duel exhaust, K & N drop-in, hogging out the aircleaner box.

I am not into the major customizing that some of you guys are involved in. I am a bird hunter and haul my 3 brittany's all over the mid west during bird season. My main priority is milage. I get about 16 on the highway and 15 plus around town. I have cut back on my right foot shoe size to control the mileage as much as I can. I have to have something dependable and 150,000 miles plus.

Any suggestions.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
If your looking for MPG increase similar mods to what you had before are best. K&N, a nice exhaust setup, maybe even an intake. Nelson computer tune can also give you better mpg as well as more power. With all of that listed above on my truck I can see 15 on teh highway lifted with 35s and stock gears, so I can almost promise you will see better than that. Headers also would help I would guess. Its all a matter of how much you want to pay for a but of a MPG increase.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Yeah, just make sure your engine can breath in and out (intake and exhaust). those will be the cheapest, easiest mods for some extra MPG...won't be much, but it should help a little. other than that, make sure your tires are properly inflated. that can sometimes help out a MPG if they are too low, or so ive heard.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
nope thats crap... dont waste your money... no tornado

i'm with all of the above... intake, exhaust, and definetly a tune... also if you drive a constant 75 on the highway gives you good mileage...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts