GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Avalanche that I have had now for about 5 months and within the first month the gear in the rearend went out, now I am getting a popping sound from the front end, and I am getting a ticking sound from my engine. I do not think the dealership did a good job changing the gear because I have 9000 miles on it now and it is starting to whine again. The dealership has looked at my truck twice now to try and find out what is causing the popping sound in the front end and have been unable to locate it. It is very annoying and embarrassing to be turning in a parking lot and it pop and someone look at you. Is anyone else having problems with their Avalanche or have heard of people having problems?

Thanks for your feedback!

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Hey bro I see you made it over here! I hope somebody can answer your questions.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
1. I would recommend going to another dealership for a second look at the differential and front end "pop". :read:

2. Most NBS trucks "tick". This is not to be confused with piston slap though. I forget what causes the "tick" though. :think:

·
Good Ash, or Bad Ash?
157 Posts
My '02 doesn't have the click, but I've heard a few that do, and as I remember, its not related to a mechanical problem at all :bowtie: If these guys can't help you out, try browsing through the forums at either chevyavalanchefanclub.com, or clubavalanche.com I think this issue has been addressed there a few times as well.

And welcome to GMFullSize BTW :bowtie:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses everyone. I appreciate it! It is good to have a place you can come and ask people for advice and get it.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
i think the tick might have to do w/ timing and the knock sensor effecting the exhaust.... did that make sense?... anyway... i have it going on as well.... no noticeable performance loss.

i would say definetly check out a new dealer... take advantage of that warranty!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts