GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So The exhaust on my truck finally rotted out bad. I had 2 glass packs and one of them rotted out completely and was tinging and had a quarter size hole in it. Tips were slowly getting worse and worse over time, even with me beating on them with abrasives. The truck came with this dual exhaust when I bought it, it was custom of course. Winter was not good this year and I hardly drove it. They are starting to put new chemicals down on the roads up here... not cool.

Anyway. I had a local shop do the work, one of the few in the immediate area. They only do paper bills, old shop, tons of stuff inside, dirty, old dog.... you know the type.

I bought the tips, they ordered the muffler and did all the assembling and welding/hanging. I think they did a GREAT job. Muffler sits higher than before, and it raps a bit when the RPM's get higher. He upgraded the tailpipes from 2.25 to 2.5 as well. I could only find 2.5 inlet tips.

Tips are 2.5 inlet 3.5 outlet stainless angle slash Magnaflows. Muffler/glasspack is from his catalog, I forget the brand name.

I notice a throatier sound with the upgraded tailpipe sizes, and it sounds different at highway speeds too.

Puts a smile on my face.:big_banana_Dance:

The guys in the shop were asking me how I wired the reverse lights, they said they really reflect off the tips!

top of one of the tips:

After a wash the other day:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks great! What did that setup run you if you don't mind me asking
$305 installed. This includes the welding, tailpipes, hangers, ect.., and muffler.

The tips I bought on my own, they were $36/tip from summit racing.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Pretty clean welds compared to stuff I have seen lol looks good.

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
cheap as hell for that setup.. looks good and bet it sounds good too

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I showed up to pick it up, the guys were all sitting on break and told me to go listen to it before I paid them. So I fired her up and reved it a bit. Sure sounds nice!

I'll def be recommending them to anyone. Even though the guy was on crutches, and older, he knew exactly what he was doing. They did a damn fine job! Thanks for the kind words!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts