GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I have an 04 Sierra reg cab, non-bose system. I replaced all four speakers last summer (Infinity 6012i's in the front) and Clarion Pro Audio plates (SRC4696) in the rear high mount pillar location. Bottom line is the Clarion's are weak (didn't expect much from the 4x6's). What other options for speakers have people tried in this location? I had thought about installing capacitors on the Clarions to cut off the lower frequencies and isolate only mid-highs to play, but I would be more inclined to install larger speakers.

Has anybody been able to cram a set of 6x9's in there???

Suggestions welcome.

·
GMC Owner
188 Posts
JL makes a 4" or 2" im not sure...that comes with a bracket that is made for the 4x6's and they sound really nice....retail at your local shop for about 100 with the bracket. They arent really made for bass but the mids and highs in it are supper loud for such a small speaker. Much better than a 4x6.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
i want to think i saw where someone trimmed the Bpillar and put some larger 6x9's in there but im not 100% on that

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
i want to think i saw where someone trimmed the Bpillar and put some larger 6x9's in there but im not 100% on that
i put 5 1/4s in it. had to snip a couple little peices so the magnet could fit but other than that it was cake.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
youd have to space the hell out of that!

I have Infinity plates back there on mine with about 65 watts rms and they sound pretty good. Do you have subs, that would help alot?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have actually purchased a sub to drop in the truck (Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1) but haven't installed as of yet.

Entertaining the thought of pulling the jump seat and building a fiberglass centre console paint matched to the exterior to mount the sub in; that is a summer project.

I regret getting a standard cab now given the limited possibilities for a system. I have always had SQ systems, but bought this truck and promised myself I wouldn't do anything to it; didn't last long... :head:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts