GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My instruments (gauges) have all quit working over time. anybody familiar with this problem? Is this something that can only be repaired by a professional mechanic or something I might be able to fix myself? I'm not a mechanic and I don't have any special tools but I have basic mechanics tools and I can do basic repairs and maintenance.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You can buy a kit on ebay with the stepper motors, bulbs for the lighting, and some include the solder and soldering iron to make the repairs. I've heard it's not that difficult to do, just haven't made it to doing mine yet. Do some searching, there are lots of old threads on this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Its easy to fix. Get the stepper motors and solder them in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can also take the whole panel out and send it off for rebuild. Costs about $150 IIRC. Lots of places do it, might be someone local. Common repair.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
mine went out and i got a new one off rbay worked great the last 2 years. pics of it in my build thread

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's extremely easy if you were to do it yourself. Hardest part for me was separating the outer plastic bits. Also gave me a chance to set the speedometer to match my tire size exactly even though I have it tuned for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts