GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post. Long time lurker, like 2008ish, just never needed a reason to post. After getting rid of my POS 6.0 Ford this past weekend I finally got another cat-eye Silverado. If the funds (and wife) allow me, I should be having a decent build page soon. Anyways here's the truck:

First pic after I brought it home
[/URL][/IMG]

Removed those ugly ass steps tonight

Pulling my wife's car back in the garage I noticed how much taller the truck looks after removing the steps
[/URL][/IMG]

While I'm at it, does anyone know how to raise the bumper?
[/URL][/IMG]

And since I'm on Photobucket for the first time in years, here's my old extended cab:
[/URL][/IMG]

· Registered
1,049 Posts

· Registered
336 Posts
Nice crew cab and extended cab Z71's. Defineately interested in seeing the build of your truck. I almost bought a '04-'06 F-250 prior to my purchase of a'04 crew cab Z71. It seems like there are a lot of issues with the 6 liter power stroke especially with blowing head gaskets, and there seems to be a lot up for sale. I took heed that your driver's side fender flare is removed. What are the plans for the crew cab?

· Registered
1,049 Posts
the stupid duty 6.0 is one of the worst engines out there.

Mr. 960
Yup. You have to get an egr delete, a coolant bypass filter, new heads with bronze valve guides and o-rings machined into the heads, arp head studs, with a tune, and use factory ford filters and fluids so the damn thing doesnt break. Thats about $9k in upgrades to get the truck to run right.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I only had that Ford for about 8 months and I had to rebuild the tranny and replace the HPOP. So on top of buying it I dropped bout another $4500 down the drain. As far as this truck goes, I'm planning on Rough Country NTD 6 inch with stock keys uncranked. I've got a buddy that works at a tire shop in Nashville that can hook me up with a decent deal on wheels and tires. I plan on 33x12.50x20, but as of now I have 3.42 gears with the 4 speed :/ so 4.10's are also being considered. All in all I've got a few grand that I'm willing to drop in on this truck, but everything is going to be done right the first time. I'm so glad that I can finally work on my truck again. That 6.0 had too much crap to even begin to start.

· Registered
1,049 Posts
Yea I only had that Ford for about 8 months and I had to rebuild the tranny and replace the HPOP. So on top of buying it I dropped bout another $4500 down the drain. As far as this truck goes, I'm planning on Rough Country NTD 6 inch with stock keys uncranked. I've got a buddy that works at a tire shop in Nashville that can hook me up with a decent deal on wheels and tires. I plan on 33x12.50x20, but as of now I have 3.42 gears with the 4 speed :/ so 4.10's are also being considered. All in all I've got a few grand that I'm willing to drop in on this truck, but everything is going to be done right the first time. I'm so glad that I can finally work on my truck again. That 6.0 had too much crap to even begin to start.
OH wow those trannys are pretty good on the ford. The HPOP was a major fail in those compared to the 7.3. Plans sound good and yes regearing is a must. I would go 4.30's for having heavy 20 inch rims. What wheels do you plan on running?

· Registered
1,375 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As far as the wheels I'm not real sure. More than likely xd badlands, but I'm not certain. I do almost all highway driving though. I hardly ever go through the city to avoid traffic and I live about a mile from the interstate. I just wouldn't want to run high rpms driving about 75ish. Right now I'm barely around 2000-2100. As far as the bumper goes, thanks a lot! I'm going to tackle that this weekend along with getting rid of the other fender flares since I'm missing the driver's side. I hope a hair dryer gets hot enough lol. Thanks a lot guys. Oh, and in that ford the only things done were cai, 4 inch turbo back, and sct programmer at 130,000. Tranny blew at 131,582 lol

· Registered
1,049 Posts
Oh okay cool. Probably some a/t's would be nice since they have good wear life and arent noisy on the highway compared to m/t's. Oh wow thats crazy how quickly the tranny went out. went out

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow it's been a bit since I've posted and the truck has had some updates. Before I installed the lift, I took the truck to a buddy's shop and we inspected just about everything on the front suspension. The only thing we could find wrong (as of now) is a cracked axle boot. No biggie for now, but not gonna deal with it too long. Since my last post the truck got a 6 inch Rough Country NTD lift with 18" Moto Metal 951's wrapped in 33x12.50 Toyo's. I can honestly say with this lift uncranked, it rides 10x better than I thought it would. Those Toyo's look amazing and this truck now makes me smile everytime I look at it. I'm really happy with it. I had HID's shipped but when I tried to install, they were the wrong bulb. DDM tuning sent the wrong ones. Not downing them, I've used them since I had my first truck. Next is exhaust or tint. Can't decide which
Getting installed
[/URL][/IMG]

Almost done :)
[/URL][/IMG]

All done
[/URL][/IMG]

· Registered
1,049 Posts
Looks tits dude. I like the wheel tire combo you did

· Registered
1,049 Posts
Your welcome. Thats weird, Im surprised they rubbed with that much lift on a 4wd truck. Backspacing maybe?

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Been a bit since I've posted, and not much has changed. I had to crank just a tad to make my rubbing issues completely go away, and now I'm sitting at 43 1/8" all around, with good angles. I can't find pictures of my angles but I'll take some tomorrow, along with my horrible drunken welding job on my exhaust. Anyways, I ordered the Airaid tube and it should be here on Wednesday. (It will be my last time ordering something from AutoAnything). That's the only "performance" add-on I will have. Windows are scheduled to be tinted in a few weeks, going with 5% on the back 3, and 20 up front. Anyways here's the only pictures I've taken since the last:

Here's the exhaust and the welder and the beer :/

· Baseball
2,577 Posts
lol @ drunk welding job.. but the truck does look nice.. you removing all the flares or adding the one back on?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.