GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just picked up a 2005 crew cab.

All the doors unlock fine via door or keyfob.

When I go to lock the doors however, the fronts lock fine, and the rears do not lock. Doesnt seem to matter if I use the fob or do it manually with the button.

When I unlock the truck I can hear all of the actuators firing but when I go to lock the truck, I only hear the front to fire...any suggestions?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no help, but my dads 2005 2500 crew cab rear doors wouldnt unlock... we sent it in and they put all new locks and stuff in.. we think its cuz the rear doors dont get used that much
could be it...the interior looks like it just came off the lot, so that could be the case

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
Relays, had the same problem in my 03, look in the fuse panel on the drivers side dash, remove the front/rear door lock relays and swap them, see if your problem moves from the rear to the front, if it does, thats your culprit.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Relays, had the same problem in my 03, look in the fuse panel on the drivers side dash, remove the front/rear door lock relays and swap them, see if your problem moves from the rear to the front, if it does, thats your culprit.
roger that, I did this exact same thing and it fixed my problem. $17 relay from gm and I was off

1 - 10 of 10 Posts