GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've changed plugs and wires and it did not help. I need some ideas of what to look at next.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Codes?

·
Registered
29 Posts
As far as your P0446 (which I do not think is causing your issue), I will throw this out fwitw. (I do have a Sierra but it has never thrown that code) but on my Dakota, I am under the impression that the chracoal cannister has its own code, & my Dakota used to throw that code, & I traced it back to ancient rotten rubber lines (which I replaced all of & finally cleared the code). On my GMC I did replace my cam & crank pos sensors because they had been on there for a long long time (18 years & over a 170k) & I felt that it was a legitimate time change & before the system relearned the new sensors it was throwing a random misfire code. I am not saying tat those sensors are your issue (I am under the impression that they either work or they don't, & if they don't, you won't6 start), but I did get that code post sensor changes until the system did a relearn.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
As far as your P0446 (which I do not think is causing your issue), I will throw this out fwitw. (I do have a Sierra but it has never thrown that code) but on my Dakota, I am under the impression that the chracoal cannister has its own code, & my Dakota used to throw that code, & I traced it back to ancient rotten rubber lines (which I replaced all of & finally cleared the code). On my GMC I did replace my cam & crank pos sensors because they had been on there for a long long time (18 years & over a 170k) & I felt that it was a legitimate time change & before the system relearned the new sensors it was throwing a random misfire code. I am not saying tat those sensors are your issue (I am under the impression that they either work or they don't, & if they don't, you won't6 start), but I did get that code post sensor changes until the system did a relearn.
What? And why?

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Evap has nothing to do with how a LS runs. Might be hard to fill up at the pump. But it has zero effect on the motor.

Year and model man.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Evap has nothing to do with how a LS runs. Might be hard to fill up at the pump. But it has zero effect on the motor.

Year and model man.
I’m stupid. Check them fuel trims. Without any front O2 codes I’d say cats are clogged. Verify fuel pressure, check for manifold leaks. but 05 is a single straight returnless fuel line. Evap is strictly for tank vent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts