GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Time to get some thing new so im selling my KTM. I bought the bike new in 06. It's th MXC version of the 525 so it has the larger capacity tank and has a tall first gear. The bike rides awesome and has plenty of power. Has less than 50 hours on it. The bike had been geared down a bit to make it more friendly for the moutians in the desert. The bike also has all the wiring for Lights from the factory.
KTM 525 MXC
6-speed
Electric & kick start
Hydraulic Clutch
3.43 gallon tank
The bike is located in Cental California. Price is $4000 obo.
CIMG0302.jpg

CIMG0299.jpg

525_mxc_desert_racing.jpg

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Price to high?

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Buy my bike please.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bikes ain't selling, can't even get 4g for a 625 sxc
They seem to be back home. My dad sold his CR500 within an hour of listing it. Never hurts to try though.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Haha them cr500s go quick. Damn 4 jokes are too expensive for modern times. Bump for a nice bike though, they have given my cr500 a run for their cc's haha

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha them cr500s go quick. Damn 4 jokes are too expensive for modern times. Bump for a nice bike though, they have given my cr500 a run for their cc's haha
Shit this was no match for my dads CR500 when you opened them up. His was a BEAST.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Shit this was no match for my dads CR500 when you opened them up. His was a BEAST.
What year? My 85 would smoke my 91. Felt soo much more uncorked.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
O ill be damned. I did more shit to my 85 than my 91, milled head, wiseco on stock bore, ran a 39.5 carb and had the exhaust bridges removed and ported. Thing ran like a stripped ape. In the dunes with my 91 I had a few ktms somewhat keep up. That would be the only 4 stroke id get. Wish I could get back into riding, good luck with the sale man.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
O ill be damned. I did more shit to my 85 than my 91, milled head, wiseco on stock bore, ran a 39.5 carb and had the exhaust bridges removed and ported. Thing ran like a stripped ape. In the dunes with my 91 I had a few ktms somewhat keep up. That would be the only 4 stroke id get. Wish I could get back into riding, good luck with the sale man.
His friend had a late 80's one and it was all done up but was nothing close to his. Thing was insane haha. Yeah I wish I had time to go riding but im just too busy. Hell I dont even have time to take my Shadow for a cruise. All I do is work and school work now :(

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
His friend had a late 80's one and it was all done up but was nothing close to his. Thing was insane haha. Yeah I wish I had time to go riding but im just too busy. Hell I dont even have time to take my Shadow for a cruise. All I do is work and school work now :(
Shit that sucks. Ya the 85/86 were deemed the most powerful out of the stock ones. Honda tamed them a bit too much in 87-88 to me but then 89-01 motors were pretty strong and reliable. Well I cant say reliable for me haha o well, how much do you think wilson's would give you for it? Guessing thats where you got it?

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Shit that sucks. Ya the 85/86 were deemed the most powerful out of the stock ones. Honda tamed them a bit too much in 87-88 to me but then 89-01 motors were pretty strong and reliable. Well I cant say reliable for me haha o well, how much do you think wilson's would give you for it? Guessing thats where you got it?
haha how did you guess I got it from them? I dono what they would pay but it would be less then what I could sell it to a private buyer. I dont have to sell it so I probably wont take it back there.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
haha how did you guess I got it from them? I dono what they would pay but it would be less then what I could sell it to a private buyer. I dont have to sell it so I probably wont take it back there.
O ya they really rip you on prices. Well wilsons is the only ktm dealer that I know of the in the valley so just figured lol I never bought anything from them but they seemed to have a good selection.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
O ya they really rip you on prices. Well wilsons is the only ktm dealer that I know of the in the valley so just figured lol I never bought anything from them but they seemed to have a good selection.
Tulare Honda sells KTMs too but they rip you off. I bought this one in 06. It was one they had in the back of the warehouse still in its box that never got sold. Wilsons gave me a better price on this bike than I got on any Honda or Yamaha 450's I looked at.

I need to sell my 07. Price seems a little steep for an 05 but KTMs are the best!
OBO my friend. They are the best!! Haha. I don't see my self buying anything besides a KTM in the future.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Ive never ridden one, I remember it was a big hype last time I went about the frame and certain shit being tapered a certain way. I can't remember but they always seemed to be sweet ass bikes... Ive always wanted to run one, but too damn cheap to spend more than what I would on a 2 stroke lol

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I still owe more than what my 07 KX250F is worth :Boo:
That blows :( I owe nothing on mine.

Ive never ridden one, I remember it was a big hype last time I went about the frame and certain shit being tapered a certain way. I can't remember but they always seemed to be sweet ass bikes... Ive always wanted to run one, but too damn cheap to spend more than what I would on a 2 stroke lol
I never belived the hype untill I bought mine. I absolutly love it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts