GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
patio furniture breaker
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
check 'em out! just did it this weekend in my garage. did the front friday night after work. did the rear ALL day sat. washed it real quick at the car wash today and took some pictures. its supposed to rain this week.

next on my list of mods is paint. gotta paint my rollpan and mirrors. then get a few parts ('06 bumper cap, and a '03-'05 SS silverado grill shell), have them painted. get some caddy door handles and add power door locks, then i'm done.

wish me luck...

anyway, on to the pics. enjoy.

2007_0722lowered0009.jpg

2007_0722lowered0007.jpg

2007_0722lowered0005.jpg

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Nice color:crazy: what else you got planned for the truck?
edit-ooops didnt even read what you wrote, gonna look real good with all that done to it, if you need the part numbers for the handles, hit me up cuz i have them

·
Registered
6,155 Posts
that's a 3/6? i thought the ass would sag more than that. i was planning on a a 3/6 damn it guess it'll have to be lower than that.

looks good though, i just want mine a little lower

·
Registered
907 Posts
theres no way that rear end is 6 inches. what did you use to lower the rear? did you take out your factory bumbstops?

·
patio furniture breaker
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
theres no way that rear end is 6 inches. what did you use to lower the rear? did you take out your factory bumbstops?

DJM flip kit for the rear. it got almost a full 6 inches of drop, like 5+7/8 or so. and yes, i removed the factory bumpstops. i dont have a spare, and i have a rollpan installed. :pepper:

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Looks awesome :imo. I'll bet the rear just looks deceiving because you have a rollpan as opposed to a bumper...maybe im way off though:shrug: Either way, :cheers:

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
Wow... my MCGaughys 4" drop sits almost directly on my rear tire (stock). Doesnt look as high as that?

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,395 Posts
2003 to 2007c smooth bumper top cap – 89025820
2003 to 2005 Silverado SS (paintable) Grille - 15138277
2003 to 2007c Silverado BLACK Airdam with Fog Holes– 10397999
2003 to 2007c Fog Light Kit w/ switch – 12499673

looks good man... hope these help.

·
GM Parts Consultant
591 Posts
very good, nice and solid stance

·
Giggity Giggity Giggity
3,169 Posts
Looks good. How does it ride with the 3" coils in the front?

·
patio furniture breaker
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks good. How does it ride with the 3" coils in the front?

suprising, not bad. the fronts actually a little smother then the back. its still stiff and rough over big bumps, but overall its real nice. my wife used to hate the way my truck rode, cuase over bumps it has so much suspension travel that it made her feel like the bady ( yes, she pregnant) was swimming. now the bumps are just quick and over with. she loves it. pull she doesn't have to jump to get up in it (she's short, like 5' even).

all in all, probably the best mod i've done, or will do.

its at the dealership right now getting a front end alignment, and having the drive line angles checked. if i had a bad angle it would vibrate really bad at a certain speed, but stop once you got going faster, right? how bad would the vibration be? i 'think' i feel a very slight vibration, but its all different speeds every time. i think i'm just looking for it is why i feel it. just my mind playing tricks on me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts