GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be my first ever build thread. I've been doing this for a long time now. What I am working with this time is a bone stock 05 Z71. In really good shape for a truck with 160k miles. I will be repairing all of the wreck related damage, doing some maintenance items and several mods.

Here are some pics of what I'm starting with.

image.jpg1.jpg

image.jpg2.jpg

image.jpg3.jpg

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The mod list as of now:
06 grille and hood
Fully colormatched
RCX level kit
Long tube headers
Custom exhaust
K&N intake
Changing gears from the 3.42 down to some 3.73
Pioneer Double Din
HID's
Sierra Tails

I'm sure the list will grow as I get into it.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
image.jpg1_1.jpg

Thinking about these wheels in a 20x10 wrapped in some 295-55-20 trail grapplers or some toyo r/t's

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
image.jpg5.jpg

image.jpg4.jpg

Got a little work done on the donor frame this past week. Had it sand blasted and got some nice paint on it. No more greasy frame for me.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Plans sound Nice. In for the build

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
Sub'd, keep it coming I love reading builds like this.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ordered the Motos today, gonna be a wait on them, but I don't need them yet. lol
A local accessory shop beat Mr. Wheel Deals prices suprisingly.
Ordered a complete front suspension rebuild kit, new a-arms, tie rods, idlers, etc.
Bilstein 5100's ordered, got a set of painted handles today. I have to disassemble and get them painted.
I'm almost ready to start disassembling the truck. I want to have everything I am going to need here before I get started.

Has anyone used the Rugged Liner rear wheel liners?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I read thru your thread last night Will_i_am. You have a very nice truck. I love the look of the quadrasteer beds. I always wanted to do a rc with that bed and some meats under the back.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got a shipment of shiny parts today. Stainless Longtubes, y-pipe, and magnaflow high flow cats.

image.jpg1_2.jpg

image.jpg2_1.jpg

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
need more pics of rebuild, I wanna see sheet metal work lol.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Got a shipment of shiny parts today. Stainless Longtubes, y-pipe, and magnaflow high flow cats.
same headers I have, make sure you use exhaust joint sealer, or copper silicone on all the joints or theyll leak bad.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
I was planning on welding everything up, and using v-band flanges on the header to Y joint.
Thats overkill x5000 imo. Itd be difficult to remove transmission if you welded it

Edit: V bands are expensive and stainless sucks to weld. Exhaust sealer all the way, imo.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts