GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been researching for a week and cant seem to find the answer to my particular situation. I recently acquired a 2006 silverado 1500 CCSB 2wd. I am wanting to lift it a little because it sits really low with the stock suspension. I plan on running RC 3" spindles, 1" or 2" front coil spacer, and a 1.5" or 2.5" rear block. I am wanting to put 275/55/20 (32" tall, 11" wide), 275/60/20 (33" tall, 11" wide), or the preferred 305/50/20 (32'' tall, 12" wide) tires. The wheel I am wanting to use is a sierra OE replica that is a 20x9 with a 27 offset and 6.06 backspacing.

So main question is will these wheels work with the 3" spindles?

And if so, will the 305/55/20 tires fit with the 3'' spindles, 1" spacer, and 1.5 inch rear block? or would I need to use to use the 2" spacer to fit those tires?

If the 305/50/20 will not work, please tell me what would be my best options to fit the other sizes.

*I have done tons of research and this is my last resort, so don't think I am some scrub who did not research before hand.

Thanks for the help, looking foward to some feedback

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can anybody help me out with this? I found a guy running 305/50r20s with the 3 inch spindles and 2 inch coil spacer, so I know the tires will work. Just need some clarification if the 20x9 wheels will work with having a 27 offset and 6.06 backspacing. Dont wanna order the wheels and they not work. Somebody on this forum has to know something about this wheel and lift set up. Thanks fellas.

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
i dont have a damn clue...

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,706 Posts
Well if you go to the rc Web site. You locate the knuckles then download the instructions it says it was developed to be used with the stock wheels. Since the stock wheels are 16s and have somewhere around 5 bs and you plan on running 20x9 which means you won't have the same issues as the wheel is larger. This causes more clearance. But why are you looking at wheels that have 6" of bs? They are going to be sucked in a lot and you will rub and have dick for turning radius

Also Google is not that hard nor is looking at the company website if you know all of that stuff.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply. I should have looked at the instructions, rookie mistake. I like the way the OE replica wheels look and the one I happened to like met those dimensions. I guess I am going to have to look more for a different wheel set up. What is the largest backspacing you would suggest on a wheel with this set up? Do you think a 5.5'' backspacing would work or just stick with finding a wheel with 5'' backspacing? Thanks for the help.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,706 Posts
Not saying they won't work but you will need to trim. Also do you want the wheels tucked it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z407/clinder92/IMG_0579-1.jpg

I want it to look comparable to this. That is 305/50/20 tires with 3 inch spindles, 2 inch coil spacers, and 2 inch rear block. I am not sure if the wheels are oem (20x8, not sure of backspacing) or oe replicas (20x8.5, 5.9 backspacing), so I am not sure of the backspacing. I would also put rear wheel spacers to make up for the spindles pushing the front wheels out further than the rear wheels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts