GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 3500 with a 6.0, reg. cab (no dual rear). I want to start turning mildly, and as cheap as possible. Only keeping it another year. Where do I begin. Always hated the TM. Is there a simple way to to deactivate it. I don't tow or plow. Also do I just buy a proper OBD2 connection cable and use services (EFI LIVE, LS ADDICTS, BLACK BEAR), or should I buy a handheld? Also what should I buy?

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you are only keeping it one more year I would just leave it as is unless you are going to flash it back to stock when you sell it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may keep it to pull a boat, not sure yet.
3 years ago my company decided they didn't need it and sold it to me for $1000. Since then I have put about a grand into it in maintenance. It is starting to rust a bit, but the engine is still strong. I have always wanted more power out of it, and I not concerned about the resale. Who knows I might keep it as a project. I know the power is there. It's just being smothered by factory programming.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Meh torque management is needed. If you turn it off you WILL blow your tranny but if you would like to turn it down I would suggest HPTuners

1 - 4 of 4 Posts