GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have loved this truck and have kept it in the best condition possible. But I got a really good deal on a new truck, so the time has come to say goodbye to this one.

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 169,000 miles
One owner, ordered it in February ‘06 with 4.8, 5sp, 4.10 gears & locker, deluxe cloth seat, tinted rear window, chrome rear bumper.

It is a W/T, so it has manual; windows/mirrors/door locks, no cruise control & rubber floor. It does have AC

It needs nothing. All of the annoying older vehicle maintenance items have been done. ALL of the work has been done by me in my own garage.
I’ve replaced everything with the best quality parts I could get (typically factory replacement AC Delco, or MOOG)

I only drove it on dirt roads about 20 times in 13 years, vacuumed the inside of the frame once a year & Krown rust proofed for last 6-7 years. I planned on keeping it forever.

It has a PCM4less 87 octane tune (did that 4 months after I bought it, basically to improve the throttle response of the “drive-by-wire” throttle body)
True 2.5” stainless dual exhaust with mini-cats (tune turns off the rear O2's, so no check engine lights) & crossflow Magnaflow muffler dumped over the rear axle
Hurst NV3500 short throw shifter with NOS foam sound deadening insert
Newer radio with Bluetooth and usb jack
2” body lift with ¾ tread 33x12.5-17 Cooper STT’s (rotated every 3000 miles) on polished 17x9.5 wheels
Oil changed every 3000 miles (56 times in the last 13 years)
Amsoil lubricants in the front & rear differentials, transmission & transfer case

No accidents, all original Silver Birch paint in excellent condition. No dents or body damage except one small scratch on the tailgate. This truck primarily was used to commute on the highway, so there are some stone chips on the hood and bumper.

As you know...2006 is a unique year because the ½ ton trucks were equipped with the HD “power bulge” hood and front end. (with the exception of some '07 classic 1/2 tons)
Is also the LAST year GM made any fullsize truck with manual transmission, making this truck pretty rare.

I love older trucks. If I had a place to store it, I would keep it.
$6800, no trades and pick up only, I don't have time to try to deal with shipping it.
Located in upstate NY, 14901

‹ Previous | Next › | « Back to INBOX

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep! I LOVE this thing...just can't keep everything and it will just lay around if its no longer my daily.
Its a fun truck with the gears, exhaust and stick.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Wish I was in the market now. That think is practically perfect. Good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have loved this truck and have kept it in the best condition possible. But I got a really good deal on a new truck, so the time has come to say goodbye to this one.

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 169,000 miles
One owner, ordered it in February ‘06 with 4.8, 5sp, 4.10 gears & locker, deluxe cloth seat, tinted rear window, chrome rear bumper.

It is a W/T, so it has manual; windows/mirrors/door locks, no cruise control & rubber floor. It does have AC

It needs nothing. All of the annoying older vehicle maintenance items have been done. ALL of the work has been done by me in my own garage.
I’ve replaced everything with the best quality parts I could get (typically factory replacement AC Delco, or MOOG)

I only drove it on dirt roads about 20 times in 13 years, vacuumed the inside of the frame once a year & Krown rust proofed for last 6-7 years. I planned on keeping it forever.

It has a PCM4less 87 octane tune (did that 4 months after I bought it, basically to improve the throttle response of the “drive-by-wire” throttle body)
True 2.5” stainless dual exhaust with mini-cats (tune turns off the rear O2's, so no check engine lights) & crossflow Magnaflow muffler dumped over the rear axle
Hurst NV3500 short throw shifter with NOS foam sound deadening insert
Newer radio with Bluetooth and usb jack
2” body lift with ¾ tread 33x12.5-17 Cooper STT’s (rotated every 3000 miles) on polished 17x9.5 wheels
Oil changed every 3000 miles (56 times in the last 13 years)
Amsoil lubricants in the front & rear differentials, transmission & transfer case

No accidents, all original Silver Birch paint in excellent condition. No dents or body damage except one small scratch on the tailgate. This truck primarily was used to commute on the highway, so there are some stone chips on the hood and bumper.

As you know...2006 is a unique year because the ½ ton trucks were equipped with the HD “power bulge” hood and front end. (with the exception of some '07 classic 1/2 tons)
Is also the LAST year GM made any fullsize truck with manual transmission, making this truck pretty rare.

I love older trucks. If I had a place to store it, I would keep it.
$6800, no trades and pick up only, I don't have time to try to deal with shipping it.
Located in upstate NY, 14901

‹ Previous | Next › | « Back to INBOX
I have a very similar truck. 2005 SWB, all other specs exactly.

Mine has 244K. Minor maintenance repairs. Runs great.

·
Registered
22 Posts
SOLD!

Gonna miss this thing. Driving an automatic just ain't as cool...
It's hell trying to push start an AT.

I am continually amazed at how few young men can drive a stick any more. Any time I leave
my truck for service, I see the bewildered faces when they get in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts