GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have pics of a 4" suspension lift with a 3" body lift? I know what a 6 and a 3 looks like and I like it With gap guards. How much of a difference in height looks wise will a 9" lift vs a 7" look? Will it be noticeably smaller? Post some pics of a 4" suspension 3" body if you have them please.

·
Registered
332 Posts
My truck in sig is 6"+1.5" body on 35's. A little more than the 7" you want but should be close enough.

·
Registered
332 Posts
IMG_3879.gif

My daughter is 7 and she is 4'2" or 50". My fender heights to the flare are 45.5" all around. I also added an AAL to the rear to remove the squat making it level after the lift. The front left tire is in a low spot so the right rear is sitting a bit high. The truck is also an 06' Z71.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IMG_3879.gif

My daughter is 7 and she is 4'2" or 50". My fender heights to the flare are 45.5" all around. I also added an AAL to the rear to remove the squat making it level after the lift. The front left tire is in a low spot so the right rear is sitting a bit high. The truck is also an 06' Z71.
Alright thanks, so that means the hoods about 60" right?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Also do you rub at all with 35's, cause right now with the 4" suspension I rub alittle
Right now I have zero rub even at full lock. But I did remove the lower front valance and the front inner fender wells were trimmed a bit when it was just leveled with 33's. I don't think it would rub even if this hadn't been done but I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right now I have zero rub even at full lock. But I did remove the lower front valance and the front inner fender wells were trimmed a bit when it was just leveled with 33's. I don't think it would rub even if this hadn't been done but I don't know for sure.
Alright thanks for all the help

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I do add the 3" body lift, some stuff I need to extend, like the steering column. How much will that cost me to extend? Do I have to buy a new one that's extended or can I extend the stock column? Just wandering how much it's gonna cost to extend that?

·
Registered
332 Posts
When you buy the body lift it will be a full kit. Personally I recommend Zone as that is what I have and is good quality with good instructions. It will come with everything needed to do the lift, except for gap guards. The kit will include the steering extension. The kit is roughly $350 depending on where you go and the gap guards will be about $90. The 3" kit also includes the rear bumper brackets. If you have a manual trans you will also need to purchase a shifter extension separately.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When you buy the body lift it will be a full kit. Personally I recommend Zone as that is what I have and is good quality with good instructions. It will come with everything needed to do the lift, except for gap guards. The kit will include the steering extension. The kit is roughly $350 depending on where you go and the gap guards will be about $90. The 3" kit also includes the rear bumper brackets. If you have a manual trans you will also need to purchase a shifter extension separately.
Alright thanks for all the help man, I appreciate it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts