GMC Truck Forum banner

561 - 580 of 610 Posts

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
Many of you have read the posts about what happened to Jason and the completion of his last build. One of Jason’s friends and the guy that provided all the Russell hose and fittings for Willyswanter’s Truggy was seriously injured this weekend and needs our prayers and letters of encouragement. It is my understanding that Fred Williams is there with him and both Fred and Kristen are reading the posts to him from his thread listed below.

Posted by Fred Williams:
Many of you know Frank Alioto, Frank the Tank, Beat95YJ here on the board. He's usually on a ton of different boards, posting about various wheeling stuff and trying to help everyone he can. (and harassing those that needs some harassment). Well Frank needs our help. This past weekend Frank was in Mexico getting married. He and his new bride Kristen and a bunch of their family and friends were having a grand old time at the reception when tragedy struck. Frank broke his neck while diving in a swimming pool. Yes the very same day he got married. He was air lifted back to a hospital in San Diego, and is going in for surgery on his neck in the next hour or two. Frank is one of my best friends, he's a smart engineer, a great guy, and has been there for me a bunch of times. He's a true champion and all around nice guy. I'm not sure what you're into, but do me a favor, cross your fingers, say a prayer, burn some incense, pour some malt liquor in the dirt, sacrifice a goat, do whatever you think will work, just help me wish Frank a strong recovery. This is the type of thing that will help him get through it. Frank is sitting in a hospital and his new wife is there beside him. She'll most likely be reading all the posts to him so post up. I need your help guys, Frank is my friend and I want to go wheeling with him again soon.

They don't accept flowers, so please send him cards.

Frank Alioto c/o
Sharp Memorial
SICU 300 bed 10.
7901 Frost St.
San Diego, CA 92123

Also, post your thoughts and best wishes to Frank on his thread: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=740000

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
A quote sent to me yesterday about my son Willyswanter:

"In the end, a person is only known by the impact they have on others."

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
Here we go again; here I am working on the “Feature Truck Technical Information & Release Form” for 4 Wheel & Off-Road. At 11:58PM my phone rang and my wife Debbie asked from the other room who the heck is calling at this time of night. I looked at my phone’s caller ID and it showed Debbie Payne and here phone number. I answered the phone and could hear noise that sounded like a bunch of people off in a distance talking softly. I kept say hello and then it hang up. By that time Debbie was standing next to me and asks “Who called” and I said, “You did”. I showed her that call recorded which showed Debbie Payne and her number. I asked, “Did you loose your phone, where is your phone”. She said, “It’s in the Kitchen”. I followed her into the Kitchen and her phone was lying on the counter. I pushed recall to call back whoever called me and her phone rang.

OK guys, explain this one!

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
He wanted to tell his mom something. Jason still is in my memories about everytime I talk about 4x4 his name pops up somewhere in a conversation.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
About 20 minutes ago I was scrounging around my mom's kitchen looking for something to eat for supper. Couldnt find much in the fridge so I proceeded to the pantry; and something caught my eye. My gaze landed upon a box of Nilla Wafers and I continued to open them and snack while I thought of Jason.

This wasnt the first time today though, I was doing some much needed maintenance work to my girl and my dad was helping me put the detent springs back in without the tool. While he was assessing the situation Im taking a deep look at my entire truck under the shed and I find myself just staring at Jason's sticker on my window. Then I tried to fathom the sight of his truck under the same shed. In my mind I remember a picture of his truck being finished in his back yard next to the 6' ladder.

Nothing else too out of the ordinary happened today; I just thought of our lost brother twice today.

·
tell Sloan I said whatup
1,951 Posts
Here we go again; here I am working on the “Feature Truck Technical Information & Release Form” for 4 Wheel & Off-Road. At 11:58PM my phone rang and my wife Debbie asked from the other room who the heck is calling at this time of night. I looked at my phone’s caller ID and it showed Debbie Payne and here phone number. I answered the phone and could hear noise that sounded like a bunch of people off in a distance talking softly. I kept say hello and then it hang up. By that time Debbie was standing next to me and asks “Who called” and I said, “You did”. I showed her that call recorded which showed Debbie Payne and her number. I asked, “Did you loose your phone, where is your phone”. She said, “It’s in the Kitchen”. I followed her into the Kitchen and her phone was lying on the counter. I pushed recall to call back whoever called me and her phone rang.

OK guys, explain this one!

whoa, chills. thats awesome.

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
I SURVIVED THE HAMMERS and when I challenged JR to a night race he said he would have to pass; I know he was shaking in his boots. But there was a moment along Aftershock that something very loud, spitting sand in all directions and what seemed to be florescent green in color went by me but I’m not sure what it was; just another Hammer’s UFO! :roflsquared:

We ran Claw Hammer as a warm up and the only problem was it took hours because of Toyota pickups that were stuck, winching and with blown tires impeding our progress. Nice bunch of guys but finally four of our group of twelve rigs passed the Toys and after waiting about an hour for the rest of our group to find a place to pass, the four of us left behind a major traffic jam at the waterfall and completed Claw. We went from there to Aftershock where we proceeded to work our big long rig through all the obstacles; that is after observing the UFO. By the time we made it to the top of Aftershock it was time for desert racing back to camp which was completed as darkness set in.

That lead to JR showing up and cowardly backing away from the challenge of the big Camo Rock Star Limo; with him tucking his rear steering under him and slithering off into the night (after asking if we knew where his camp was and being pointed in the right direction). Shuck’uns, that’s funny no matter who you are! :head:

We made it home about midnight making it a 20 hour day but a great day at that and NOTHING BROKEN! I forgot to mention that we had no Fun Buggy sightings, seems Fred was under the weather this weekend. :puke:

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Fred showed up Sunday, he and Leah were hiding over with the Walker Evans camp.

I've got 2-1/2 hours worth of footage I have to go through, once I get it done I'll probably turn out DVD's Ken and I'll upload the truggy climbs to YouTube for linkability.

Ok, now to wash the multiple layers of dirt stuck fast to me skin off.

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
Jason visited tonight!

Debbie was in the Kitchen tonight making dinner listening to her country music, walked outside and when she came back into the kitchen the radio had changed stations to the station Jason always listened to (which is not even program into the radio’s buttons). She came in my office to se if I had changed the station and I told her I had not been in the kitchen. I just told her he was letting her know he was there with her.

Once again, explain that one guys!

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
That goes to show you Ken. Any boy still loves his Mother no matter what. I have had dreams with Jason in them talking to me giving me advice on my Toyota. Immdieately after I woke up I sent Geoff a text explaining what happened. I get a reply from Geoff, saying Listen to him he knows.

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
thats good to hear that hes still comming around. what station is it btw?
95.3FM and Debbie had the radio on 107.9FM; he also listened to KRAB. On the job he always listened to KERN talk radio so he could hear his favorite guys: Sean Hannity and Michael Savage

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
Jason's memorial decals will be present at next weeks King of the Hammers race on the following race rigs:

John "JR" Reynold's Pirate 4X4 Bronco
Fred William's 4 Wheel & Off-Road Fun Buggy
Dustin Webster's Red Bull Jeep

Team Willyswanter along with Jason's Truggy will be assisting JR in his pits along the trails.

561 - 580 of 610 Posts