GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Texas Born & Raised!
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys I have a couple of questions about the stock stereo in the '07 Classics. First, what all do I need to wire an amp into the factory deck? Second, how hard/waht all would I need to do to swap the single CD to the 6 disc, like if I found one on ebay or something... Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Dusty

·
Registered
596 Posts
If you already have bose in your truck its just plug and play to add the six disk. As for adding an amp if you have bose just run a line out converter on two of the lines running from the amp to the door speakers. Hope this helps.

·
Texas Born & Raised!
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you already have bose in your truck its just plug and play to add the six disk. As for adding an amp if you have bose just run a line out converter on two of the lines running from the amp to the door speakers. Hope this helps.
Well it would if I had Bose, but I dont... Thanks for the input though!

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
well wiring in the amp wouldnt be that bad, switching from the stock single disc to the 6 disc would require a trip to the dealer to flash the new radio and clear the VIN number out of it and maybe resetting it to being a non amped system if it was a from an amped truck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts